translate

Monday 22 July 2019

A FASHIONABLE DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s been a lovely day. Really sunny but with a gentle breeze. We took our dogs for a two and a half hour walk. So, not too far. Along the river we went and Waggs worked really well. It’s a narrow path with trees at each side of us and the river bank with the odd boat passing by and in the distance, we could hear the trains. Beautiful bird sounds and no cars. Such a luxury as we live in the city, so to get so far from cars was a relief.

 

I managed to avoid the nasty nettles. Gosh how not sure. My brain is all over the place just as my walks. I did so well too as there was loads of cow mess on the path, it’s shocking, so, the cows had been moved from that part to other places nowhere near. Why can’t the farmers leave the paths nice and clean I mean, if our dog does something, we pick it up. Cows and horses? I know if you are trotting along a road, you can’t stop and pick up your horse muck, though you could come back for it in your car, but the cow muck? Well surely farmers could return it was in a nice big line loads of it. Oh, have you ever walked in that stuff? Well I have when it’s been lovely hard and dry, but typical of me, the very last one on the path, I managed to find and not only step on top of it, but right through it. Oh, gross…. I was wearing a cow pat shoe. It was on the top of my foot sides and underneath.

Not funny. It was so fresh, wet and disgusting. I wondered why Hub was so keen that I lead the way!

 

Hub working tonight though it’s Sunday, but he has some files to write and work to get to someone first thing and he will be in transit for the start of the day tomorrow, he does work whilst travelling, that is the good thing about being blind and not needing to drive to work, he can open his lap top and work, but these are large files so he wanted to make sure they would get there in time, hence working tonight.

 

Passwords, gosh, I keep getting told to change mine, it’s really hard to remember them all. At first, you know, the start of passwords and the internet, they were easy to remember, as I could use the same one for so many things… but the more we do on line that requires passwords, the more different passwords we need.

 

The other day I was paying for a meal and I automatically put in my number at the till. Then I went cold. As the queue behind me were silent, all listening for the lady behind the counter to say, sorry you have been refused…. As I thought to myself, I put that number in with such ease, I don’t even think it’s the right one? Few it was. But that moment when you get that cold rush, it’s awful. Then I thought, how can I use that card number at least three times per week then suddenly forget it? The mind is a funny thing.

 

I read this today and I love it.

A real man never hurts a woman be very careful when you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. Women came out from men’s rib. Not from his feet to be walked on, not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected and next to the heart to be loved. 

And that is so true but for our men, they are to be totally respected and loved too by women!

Apparently, the colours of this spring gone, and summer now, are all kinds of yellows like lemon, gold and turmeric. Beautiful. I adore yellow. I find it suits people with dark hair, blonde, brown or red. And, every eye colour and skin tone.

 

When it comes to summer make up, they say it’s lazy make up. So, that trend must mean easy, right? Light and airy skin is popular. Tinted moisturizer, apply all over your face with your fingers. Bright coral lips. Oranges are in with beige lipstick too. If you want more definition, use a lipliner. Metallic colour for the eyelids.

 

There is a shop I think it’s in America, or, they are in the US. It’s called Bath and Body Works. They sell a candle I would love; the fragrance is eucalyptus and spearmint and it’s about $15 or less. It just sounds so summery don’t you think?

 

This is going to be a really hot week in the UK. In some parts of our world it’s winter. What a world we live in. Enjoy it. Respect it.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: