translate

Wednesday 3 July 2019

DIARY OF TRUE FRIENDS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Welcome into the exciting world of Fifi…. I have just called our local collection to ask if they can pick up our usual half yearly junk. Oh, the things they won’t collect is crazy. Not sure how you are meant to get rid of old paint tins and glass? As they won’t collect it though we pay a lot of money for their services. In fact, this time, I forgot to ask how much it was I just paid by card over phone… and then she said well you have six items if you need to add, you will have to call us 24 hours before or you will only be allowed the six items. Well if I have paid the up to 10 items, why on earth can’t I just add up to 10? Unless it’s to do with they need to know how much room they have on their truck?  And they can’t come for two full weeks. We have our Sons exhaust which he won’t get rid of, so we have to pay for it to go. His fishing rods again same…. He won’t sell them and I understand why, he doesn’t want to give someone tools that will kill. I’m with him there. And there is a large rug and a couple of boxes from the garage. She asked what was in the boxes. I said I don’t know; we haven’t filled them yet. But we can’t put in tiles, glass or any chemicals. And, we want to empty our garage…

 

She then asked where our stuff would be left. I said on our drive. She asked where about on our drive? Em, well love, if they can’t see it, they shouldn’t be driving a truck.

Okay, I didn’t say that but I thought it…

 

Our son has a big day at work tomorrow. He’s on a course with his boss. Can you believe he has been working there for eight months now? and, they still haven’t kept him on full time as far as him not going through an agent. Until he is on full time, he can’t apply for a mortgage. I hope they will do something soon as he has worked so hard also, he has been on a few courses and gets picked for difficult challenges as well as even the director calls him when he needs help. So, I hope this all counts for him being kept on full time. 

 

It’s really lovely out today. But doesn’t feel like July. More like early May.

 

I fear my washing machine is on its way out. Oh, I dread that. Trying to get a machine that we can work that isn’t totally visual/digital. Also, our dryer stands next to it and its silver. Trying to get that to match will be a nightmare I’m sure. I guess we could get it repaired. I’m sure it won’t be anything too bad. I hope…

 

Hub is in my home town today again. I wish I was there. I miss the lovely clean air and fresh drinking water.

 

The next two weekends are going to be busy as we have friends coming both weekends. One of them I haven’t seen for a year. So, loads of catching up to do.

I love these sayings and proverbs.

“Friends are Gods way of taking care of us. Isn’t that lovely? And if you feel like you don’t have any friends, well, remember strangers are just friends waiting to happen.

 

Make a friend when you don’t need one. Jamaican

The road to a friend is never too long. Danish.

When I eat your bread, I sing your song. German

You never really know your friends from your enemies, until the ice breaks. Eskimo

A funny Fifi take on those sayings.

When I eat your bread, I sing your song. (let’s hope they can sing?)

You never really know your friends from your enemies, until the ice breaks. (Do they cry more as they watch you sinking?)

 

Do you have a true friend? One who walks in the room as everyone else walks out? One you can call during the night for help? If so, you are so lucky. Hang onto them. Keep your true friends close to your heart. Protect them as if they are a part of you as you may share the same soul. I totally believe in soul connections. My Husband and I have a share for sure and I have people in my life who I have never met but I believe they were meant to connect with me in this world. How we found each other is amazing. Some would say fate; I wonder if it was in my life map as you know I believe our lives are mapped out for us.

 

Oh, my lovely neighbour is a true friend, bless him, he is now cutting our front grass. Not sure why he’s not at work? Bless him. Thank goodness for him. God help if Hub and I were to cut it. If it was safe behind a fence, we would be OK, but it’s open plan and I may find myself doing the neighbours gardens too…. All well unless they have plants/flowers.

 

 

 

No comments: