translate

Wednesday 1 February 2017

EYE KNOW NOW

The average blink lasts for about 1/10th of a second.
I bet you are all counting your blinks now?
Seeing is such a big part to your every day, it takes up half of your brain.
Hahaha. So, I guess my half is spent doing other things? I suppose I listen more and I’m more aware of my surroundings, so that’s my, half share.
Newborns don’t produce tears. They make crying sounds, but don’t produce tears until they are over four weeks.
Around the world, about forty million people are blind and six times more have some kind of visual impairment.
So far, it’s impossible to transfer an eyeball. The optic nerve that connects the eye to the brain, is too sensitive to reconstruct successfully.
The cells in your eyes, come in different shapes. Rod shaped cells allow you to see shapes, cone shaped cells allow you to see colour.
80% of eye problems are curable or avoidable.
Your eyes weigh about 0.2ounce
Your eyes start to develop two weeks after you are conceived.
Eyebrows are to keep sweat dripping into your eye socket, nice, and lashes keep dirt from your eyes.
Your eyes stay the same size from birth to death, whereas your nose and ears continue to grow.
(Surely not from birth to death? Heck, they must stop when we stop growing in height I would imagine? Unless they grow such a slow speed? Though our Prince Charles may be a good example?)
An eye is composed of more than two million working parts
Only 1/6th of the eyeball is exposed.
Corneas are the only tissues that don’t have blood.
People who are blind, can see in their dreams. If they were born with sight.
They say that 80% of what we learn is through our eyes.
(Does this make us blindies thick?) Nope, my Husband is a real brain box with top marks in his exams, three degrees and has a Master’s in business.
OK, there you go. Smile. Now you know what not to talk about at your next dinner party? Hahaha.



No comments: