translate

Saturday 4 February 2017

DIARY OF RP FILES BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Today we say hello to The Netherlands, UK, Italy, US, Finland, India, Ukraine, not had viewers from there for a long time, I think Ukraine are still third on the most viewers unless Russia are? I haven’t checked country stats in total for ages, must do that at some point. Hi to Ireland, Portugal and Canada.

Arty came for a coffee and a catch up. And once again, our weekend is here. Time goes so fast when you get older, I wonder why? My Dad used to say that when I was little, I never understood what he meant. I don’t like it, I want time to slow down now please?

The wind was bad during the night, today there are rumours that we are expecting some kind of serious storm, but it’s quite mild out there now and sunny. Let’s see. I did feel sorry for Hub this morning in the dark nastiness of a winter morning carrying out all of the recycle bins. Horrid little stupid boxes that will probably lose half what was put in them by the time the bin men come around. I wish we could have what we had in Northumberland. A large bin where everything went in and the guys at the recycling park sorted it out. Lazy? Not really, just tidy.

Oh, my goodness I have been told two things in the past week that has really disgusted me. I can’t possibly write it on here, as it will shock and make you feel really ill and angry, but it’s something that has made me closer to disliking some humans. Give me a lovely dog any day. Even the messy one I had yesterday.

Teen started work at half six this morning again. He has worked four out of five days this week and all starting at half six. I just wish he would go to bed and sleep. I’m afraid he has developed my sleeping pattern. Or should I say, awake Patten.

It’s a bit of a challenge to think about tonight’s dinner especially as I can still smell the smoked fish from last night. It’s making me feel really sick. Everything was washed immediately but it’s in the air.

But I think it’s shepherd’s pie for the boys. For me? Really not sure. If I don’t eat a proper meal, my Son will not be impressed and Hub says it makes him not want to eat, but to be honest, I just cannot be bothered to cook for me. I wish they would become vegetarians then it would be easier. Mind you, it’s much easier being a meat eater than a vegetarian especially if you want to have food that isn’t plastic.

The above should have been published yesterday. Sorry, I’m a day behind. My Son would probably say fifty years behind, haha. Talking of Teen wonder, he is out tonight, well that is the plan so far, a wedding and I don’t think his GF is impressed as she wasn’t invited. Well she doesn’t know the person who’s wedding it is, it’s Teens boss. So I think there will be a lot of pressure on Teen not to go tonight. Let’s see if it happens. Teen today, had a day off work. It’s a beautiful day, so I hope wherever he is right now, he is having a nice time? He is with Shamrock and all I know is, he called me before asking if I would like a tart????
Heheheheeh.
Em.
Not right now Son… Thanks though.

Hub searching the web looking for me a birthday present. I really don’t want anything. I can’t be bothered with birthdays when it’s mine.

We are meant to be going out the four of us for a meal. Again, I don’t want to. I’m so boring. Where we live, the prices are ridiculous and I would rather not spend that amount on food. I’m sure I will feel different when I do it, but right now, I would just rather stay in. It’s different when it’s my Son or Hubs birthday, I love organising things. But not mine. Hub says it has something to do with boarding school. We were away most of our birthdays so we learned that they were not important. As for me, well my birth is a sore subject too.

Well it’s RP awareness month. Retinitis Pigmentosa is my eye disease, so this is what I have been reading about the latest research.
Eight RP patients receive stem cell injection in safety study
01 December 2016

Eight patients with retinitis pigmentosa have received a stem cell injection in a 28-person safety study.

All 28 patients have been selected for an early-stage clinical trial of a stem cell therapy to treat retinitis pigmentosa – and initial results have proved promising, the company behind the treatment says.

Eight patients have now received the intravitreal injection of stem cells, intended as a rescue mechanism for the dying retinal cells and a potential source of new photoreceptors, and have been followed for one year.

The one-off procedure can be performed in an ophthalmologist’s office, using local anesthesia.

Regenerative medicine company jCyte has announced that, based on the “exciting” results of this Phase I/IIa trial, it hopes to launch the Phase IIb trial next year.

A jCyte spokesman told OT that the Phase I/IIa trial, which has been conducted in California, focused on safety, adding: “The next trial, Phase IIb, will look at efficacy.”
In a statement from the company, jCyte co-founder, Dr Henry Klassen, highlighted that: “So far, trial participants have had no significant side effects, with good tolerance of the injected cells. We are quite gratified by the results."

Researchers have found a simple way to boost the efficiency of the ground-breaking gene-editing technology CRISPR-Cas9 by up to five times. CRISPR-Cas9 is a technique for knocking out genes in human cell lines to discover what the genes do but the efficiency with which it disables genes can vary immensely.
According to what I have read today, the main interest in stage one of gene therapy is in the UK, France and the US. I hope by next February, we are up to at least stage II and may be a breakthrough in something new but that will be already being trialled in patients.

The retina—the thin, fragile layer of tissue lining the back of the eye—gives us the invaluable gift of vision. It works like film or digital sensors in a camera by converting the light that enters our eye into electrical signals. Those signals are sent over the optic nerve to the back of the brain, where they are used to create the images we see.

http://www.blindness.org/blog/index.php/category/diseases/rp/

http://www.rpfightingblindness.org.uk/index.php?pageid=7&tln=research



No comments: