translate

Wednesday 8 February 2017

DIARY OF THE DAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good day Bloggets. My morning started in the same way it does most mornings. I hear Teen wonder getting up for work, though he is very considerate bless him and is very quiet, our house is not big so we hear everything if we are on the same floor. I did feel for him, the weather felt cold out there as the bedroom air was slightly chilly. It was a little after six so I knew it wasn’t worth going back to sleep as hub wouldn’t be much longer. Hub left for work and sounded tired. The prospect of not having a holiday this year is really getting to him. And he is so worried about what to do about his tooth. Looks like the only option is the huge amount of money to pay out.

I stayed under the warmth of my duvet for another forty minutes, but reached for my phone to turn on our heating on a higher number. The smart heating is great for us. We have the light bulb too, at the bottom of the stairs, if Hub is away on business, I can turn it on from my phone if I hear something… Normally a car door, haha, I’m such a wimp when he is not home. So, the light would be great only Teen keeps turning it off at the switch and you have to leave it on to activate. I wouldn’t care, he blooming leaves other lights on all over the house. Last night I opened our kitchen door and saw all the light switches were turned on. If I had to work away, our electric bill would be so high. Hub says he can’t see the lights and he doesn’t know which way is on and what is off. Hmm. Well I can’t see the blooming lights either but I learned which way was on and off. He has three degrees and not in soft subjects either, and he can’t learn how to do the lights? I guess I’m the same with the TV. I freez whenever Hub or Teen tries to teach me. I don’t like it, that is for others to work. Haha.
I got out of bed. Same boring view of nothingness. One day I really hope, I will walk to our bathroom mirror and see myself looking back at me. It’s company, right? Mind you, it’s been nineteen years since I was able to see myself in the mirror, I may have a heart attack with what is facing me.

I didn’t feel any heat through the window of my bedroom. But wouldn’t really know until I took the dog out.

My Waggatail was waiting for me patiently as I took a while to get ready as of course going out with my friend today, so wasn’t just the normal joggers and comfort top. Dolled up, as my dear Dad would have said. I took the wagging one out and felt damp in the air. Only the smell of fumes. No chocolate factory today. I love the smell of that but the wind has to be blowing in the right direction. It can be smelt all over our area for a few miles, just one factory. I love it but some don’t.

Then later on this morning, time for my shopping to be delivered. Not a huge one this week, but still, putting it away? Only one item today flumnoxed me. I guessed everything else, of course it helps because I ordered the shopping on line, so I have a rough idea what things are. But this one item? Surely not dog treats? In a too fancy of a box.. Well faithful IPhone, thank you Apple. I opened my ap, Tap Tap See and pressed the camera and waited. About eight seconds later my phone said in a nice lady’s voice. “Instructions…”” Well, that’s blooming helpful? Second picture, waited about ten or just a little longer and the voice in my hand read. “Green and black plastic box.”” Great, come on, just tell me? We really do have to have patience us blind folk.

The third picture told me it was Toothbrush heads. For hubs electric brush, thank goodness. All in all, to learn that took about thirty seconds. So, I’m glad,, I didn’t have to do that with every shopping item? Considering there were 52 items.

I get asked all of the time how do Hub and I know what is what when we receive our groceries. Well, we have no choice. We just have to learn.

Hub even knows the difference between normal pasta sauce for example and mayonnaise? He said he can hear the eggs. Hahaha. I just laugh but he is serious. He taps the bottom of the jar and it does sound different. That is too clever.

Just put Teens lunch on. Pasta, well I say on, I have put it in hot water it’s fresh pasta so will take a couple of minutes to cook. It’s stuffed pasta but he will need tuna to go with it… He needs his protein he tells me. Don’t we all? Smile, I think I may be getting my protein today for lunch, or maybe not… One thinks not. Looking forward to it though. I love to go out with Geordie. She is such a breath of fresh air. So, on that note, I will end by saying thank you to those who have followed my blogs of late, and thank you Mary for sharing one of my blogs, it was the most read blog this year so far. To my Twitter Tweetetts? Haha, again, thank you I think it is a miracle how you follow me because when I put anything out there on Twitter land, I really don’t have a clue what the heckers I’m doing, I mean, when I push the # button, it reads to me number, but whenever I read anything that other people have written, it reads hashtag? Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? I just don’t get Twitter so when I see someone new has followed me, I’m like, oooooo, really? How? Smile.

Will love you and leave you for now. Xx


No comments: