translate

Friday 10 February 2017

FRIDAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good day Bloggets. Today is the birthday of my bestie Trix. I wish I could be with her on such a day, but she has a big family around her and I know she will have a great weekend. Gosh, she has reached the age of fifty. I can’t believe it, of course she is donkey’s years older than me. Hahahaha. This is a test to see if she reads my blogs, right? She may wish to pin the tail somewhere unpleasant….

Hub working from home, he has been in a conference call for over half an hour, Teen been home for lunch, he loved it, it was left over from yesterday’s dinner. I made spaghetti Bolognese. Both Teen and Hub enjoyed it. Though I may have got a bit carried away with the garlic. I didn’t even have any because it’s meat, and after a zillion times of washing my hands, I still smell garlic on my skin. I keep saying I should wear those disposable gloves. I hate the smell of it cooking and preparing with it. But you can’t make that dish without it, right?

I guess at least one of us will be coming home stinking of garlic on Sunday? Four of us are going to an Italians for my birthday. I really don’t know what on earth Hub has bought me, but whatever it is, it took our lovely guy who sometimes takes Hub to work to lift it in yesterday and he sounded puffed out when he put the item down. Why was it delivered to work? Not sure but Hub said it was because of my social life of late, he wasn’t sure I was going to be in. Cheeky so an so. I have been out three times in two weeks.
Hmm. I guess that is a lot for me. Hahaha.

Teen going to be in tonight with us as his gf is watching a movie with her Mum and Sister. The thing is, I’m sure the movie they have picked is a little on the naughty side? Gosh, no way I could watch anything like that with my Mum. I don’t even think I would want to??? Teen off tomorrow and Sunday, so looking forward to having a family weekend.

I received a cold call today and this is how the conversation went.
“Good morning Madam. How are you today?””
Me. Fine thank you?
“Can I ask you were you happy without quotation?””
Me. Well, it would help if you told me what I have been quoted for?
“Oh, I’m calling about the quote you got from Anglian windows.””
Me. Well as I told your head office, please remove me from your list I don’t want to know. Seriously, we had a PVC party, nothing kinky, but we must have had about five different quotes five different sales people coming out, and none of the other companies have been a pest, but Anglian? Shocking, they must have phoned us at least a dozen times. All twelve times I told them to remove our number. I can’t stand it when that happens. Good news though, after five long years, I at last think I have won the battle to receive our Mortgage annual estimate to come in Braille. But I shall reserve judgement until it actually comes.

Tomorrow is going to be fun. Hub and I are off on an adventure into our busy town and it’s due to snow. Great. Also, our dogs are due to go for a walk in the afternoon. I do worry about our lovely June walking and driving in that kind of weather but of course, she won’t let us or moreover the dogs down. It may be a case that we say no tomorrow. I don’t like the idea that she is standing in a field in that weather. She is no spring chick! But the dogs will be heartbroken also she loves to take them, no matter what the weather, she says she has boots and layers of clothing bless her. So, let’s see.

At last we are getting proper winter weather, we need it. I just pray it’s not going to be icy.

Just found out my friend from London is coming in a couple of weekends. So on the 25th Great, looking forward.

I hope you have a lovely weekend wherever you are, whatever you do, I really appreciate your loyalty and one day, when I’m a famous author, hahaha, I will always remember you. Before I go words for thought.

Some people are like clouds. When they go away, it’s a much brighter day.
Some people are like the sun, when they are around you, you feel warm and happy.
Always be positive. *Trips down the stairs* “Few, I got down those stairs pretty quick!”
Later gators. X



No comments: