translate

Tuesday 21 February 2017

DIARY OF HOLIDAY AT HOME BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good afternoon Bloggets. Well, today is a lot cooler, after our ridiculous spring day almost leading into summer yesterday, the poor birds again, are left confused. They are flirting with one another in our garden, among the horrid traffic, I can detect the beautiful sound of the black birds. Oh, they have the most amazing song. I so miss our canary, he was Irish you know? I was really tempted last week as I was in our local pet shop to buy another. But then I think if everyone stops buying them, they will be left to live where they belong. Sadly, to get that amount of people power is impossible. Because people think like me, rescue them from this dark pet shop? My bird used to have his cage on our window which was huge. His cage was big enough for multiple birds and it dwarfed our windowsill!

My flowers from my birthday nine days ago, are all still alive. I have my favourite flowers too in three vases and they are daffodils. Oh, the smell from them is simply honey in a vase. So, sweet and the blooms are so delicate like little ballerina’s. I know I’m strange, but I think there is the red Indian in me somewhere as I love nature and I do believe it talks to us, only most of the time we don’t stop to listen.

My friend gave me a voucher for my birthday and with it I bought a coat on line as well as a top. Now, let’s see how they look when they come? I really wish I could shop the normal way, though I’m sure that one day, everyone will be shopping on line and we will become a recluse society.

I ordered something for someone’s birthday and it arrived today. It wasn’t what I expected and I was feeling really down. Let down really. If I had gone to a shop, no way I would have spent that money on it, in fact, I wouldn’t have bought it at all. It didn’t help that Teen told me that the person it’s meant for would really never use it? So, feeling a little fragile right now as no way I can send it back.

I thought I had a simple dinner tonight, and just found out that Teen has eaten his share for breakfast…. Oh my…. So, I told him that his dinner tonight would be breakfast then, poached eggs with toast… He is in shock… As was I when I learned that dinner was ate at six this morning…

My dear friend Geordie is at a very posh spar right now having a few days of luxury and at the weekend our besties are going to another spar. It’s that time of year when people are planning their holidays. For those like me who are not having a holiday away this year, let’s make the most of what we have? If we get nice weather, then just to sit in our gardens can be beautiful. You can also arrange to get drinks to make cocktails and just pretend you are sipping on a Tequila Sunrise, or Pina Colada near white sands somewhere in our dreams!

Have you heard of a Dark and Stormy cocktail? Well, most cocktails are scary as in how many different ingredients are in one glass, but this one is dark rum with ginger beer poured over ice and a slice of lemon. Easy, right? Haha, I think I will stick to my cup of tea. May be a Long Island Ice Tea? Nope, not after reading what you need to make it. This is what I mean about making cocktails.

Vodka, Gin, Light Rum, Tequila, Cointreau, Lime Juice, syrup and Cola! Seriously, I couldn’t be bothered.

Italy is my favourite place to holiday, because I love the people, mind you, the people in the south of France were beautiful. So, kind. In France, you can go to the best markets and buy your fresh vegetables and salads whilst popping in at the bakers to purchase your fresh huge, baguettes, meander through the coastal villages of Normandy, exploring the tiny towns admiring the architecture and Chateau filled hills, but the fishing village in the South of France will always hold my heart. Grau de Agd, hopefully I have spelled that correctly? Was so lovely and had everything you need for a holiday.

Teen has a busy few months ahead. After his very expensive meal in a posh fish restaurant for Valentine’s day, he is off to Scotland to a concert soon and then he is going to Prague. After then, he is talking about another holiday to somewhere warm. Gosh Shamrocks life has changed since she got with Teen, but she is enjoying every moment of it and joining in with plans!

I can’t believe only a couple of weeks before my Teen is no longer a teen. Where have the years gone?

Enjoy today, and tomorrow will come perhaps with a surprise? X





No comments: