translate

Sunday 22 October 2017

MONDAYS DIARY AUSTRALIA AND THE PUDDINGS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s silly hour in the morning. I got up to see my Son off for the airport. The night is still, thankfully after the winds and rain. My boy hasn’t had any sleep. But he has a long flight so he will I hope sleep when he gets on board. And if not, well when he gets there, to be honest, he will have plenty of sleep time as he’s there for two weeks and I think there is enough entertainment for about six days. He has now driven to the local shop to buy wraps to eat on the train, after his breakfast of cereal and toast with three eggs. Smile. Never mind the insect repellent or plasters/band aids or throat tablets I told him to get, as I have and have had a dreadfully painful throat for three days now.

 

Hubs leaving for work early today has to be in the office for eight. Something about TV camera’s coming. Apparently, they are going to use drones to take pictures. Gosh, how far have we come since the days when I used to be chased down the street by men wearing long coats huge cameras and fluffy microphones? Haha, that sounds so wrong in so many ways, and, it was!

 

Oh, BW’s taxi is here, where is BW?

Well, his cab was booked for 4.40, at 4.30 it arrived, BW came back from the shop at 4.39. Our Son should be called last minute Charlie.

 

Yesterday we all had a lovely family lunch. My brother in law came from Australia with my Father in law. The five of us went for Sunday dinner somewhere we have never been before. Gosh, it was packed. My Brother in law was brilliant at describing what was on the carvery table. He has a natural ability to describe things. There was so much food to choose from. We hadn’t had breakfast so we were hungry. Gosh, my plates were overflowing.  My Boy served my meal and the chef behind the counters served me a huge delicious tart. I had three enormous Yorkshire puddings. Cauliflower cheese, turnip and different kinds of potato. Hub had turkey and gammon with sprouts, cabbage, carrots turnip and more veg, which is good as he isn’t a fan of vegetables. Oh, and I had stuffing. Which is sage and onion cooked in the oven, wow it was really tasty. Normally a vegetarian option or alternative to meat is tiny. This tart was massive. It was on one plate and my dinner on the other. The Yorkshires filled up a plate the potatoes, stuffing, cauliflower cheese and turnip just had to cope with the space that was left.

 

It was a treat from Dad. I had my card ready to pay but he beat me to it.

 

It was interesting to hear all about my bro in laws time in Australia. He emigrated there almost two years ago. Can you believe it’s been that long? Old Bloggets will remember just how much we were all so upset that he was going. I cried buckets but he has made a good life out there. He is having a house built, gosh Ausy Bloggets, your houses for the money in comparison to ours, is ridiculous. In his house and it is costing the same amount that our house is worth, he’s having a cinema room, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a sitting room kitchen and outdoor area with a pool and he is putting an outside TV near the pool which has a seat in it so you can sit in the pool and watch TV. Our house is a sitting room, kitchen, conservatory, three bathrooms if you count the downstairs as a bathroom, and four small bedrooms.

 A tiny back yard and smaller again front garden. No pool or cinema room. His house is on one level too. But still there are the creepy crawlies that I couldn’t cope with. Snakes and spiders as well as sharks and crocodiles are something I would just like to read about.

 

A goodbye but not as sad as I faced the last time thank goodness as I know he will be back soon. Dads looking old I guess in a way he is. He’s eighty next year. It was Hubs mum’s birthday yesterday. She has been gone now for seven years. We miss her loads. But we have good memories of her.

 

Well, what to do today, will I even go back to bed? I have to keep myself busy for the next couple of weeks until my boy is home. I deliberately haven’t dusted my conservatory in about five days as that is a long job and I need to fill in my time so I’m not worrying about our boy. This is the longest I have ever been apart from him. He is still young, only twenty and he has gone on holiday with Sham but she is only eighteen and is a lot younger than that in experiences. So, I hope they will be OK.  They are flying for ten hours. Oh, seriously I’m going to be ill. I have a really bad throat and full of cold but ill with nerves too!

 

I’m happy to say my friend from America and our Blogget, is getting better, at last she is off or out of intensive care. Two weeks today she had her open-heart surgery. I will still feel more relaxed when she is back at home. I do worry about you, you know?

 

OK, going to make sense of life, so I shall be back later, but until then, have a great start to your week. X

 

 

 

No comments: