translate

Friday 20 October 2017

ENGLISH CLASS 2 BY FIONA CUMMINGS


There are words that sound the same. They are pronounced the same but have a different spelling.

Pale/pail

Ate/eight

Alter/altar

Band/banned

Buy/by/bye

Red/read

Blew/blue

Coarse/course

Fare/fair

genes/jeans

knight/night

no/know

knows/nose

see/sea

role/roll

they’re/there/their

 

And then we have

Polish/polish. His parents are Polish. She had to polish the ornaments.

And whether/weather. She didn’t know whether she was going or not. The weather is dreadful.

English is considered to be easy, I think the language is as in spoken word but the spelling is a different story.

 

Did you know that there are three ways a man wears his hair? Parted, unparted and departed.

Well, actually, I know a few women who wear their hair like that too? Just not to be sexist. Smile.

And I used that word actually, as I started to say this about the ladies, I thought, nononononononono, I can’t say that. But you know me, once it’s out it’s out, so, there is a classic example.
 
Next time you are in conflict with someone, just say
I like your approach, now, let’s see your departure.

Romantic but cheesy
“If I could arrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together.””

“Don’t steal, the Government hates competition.””

No comments: