translate

Saturday 21 October 2017

DIARY OF DANCING AND DIWALI BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. I’m listening to Sacha Distel and other wonderful innocent songs from many moons ago. Oh, I’m so much enjoying the tunes. Magic moments is on now so romantic so enchanting. Oh, how I wish we could have those days back, mind you, if we had those days back I wouldn’t be able to write to you now as the technology wasn’t available then. But back in those days life was a dish of peaches and a vase of spring flowers. Streets were so much safer and anger was just being taught. Of course, cruelty and evil existed behind closed doors, but now there is an epidemic spewing onto our streets, roads, parks and well, world, real life.

 

In my opinion, the best time to live was the forties, 60’s and seventies. What will happen now to our world, it is getting worse and I don’t know how to slow things down moreover, stop end, the constant pain that people are causing.

 

It’s not as if the world is full of badness, there are so many good people still, just we seem to hear of the bad ones.

 

Round two of dinner will commence soon. My Son is on his way from work. My heart is starting to really hurt now as only a couple of sleeps before he leaves for 15 long days as he and Sham go on their holiday. Friends are saying enjoy the peace. Peace? I see him for a ten-minute wolfed down evening meal and may be five minutes either as he’s leaving in the morning or in between him coming home for a shower after the gym, or to drop off something. but the knowledge that he is going to be there at least for ten minutes during the day and part of the night, is very comforting.

 

Did I tell you he is going for his Christmas work meal before he leaves on holiday? And, guess where Shamrock is going? To a drag night with her brother. So, the kids are not setting off on holiday together but will meet at the airport.

 

Oh, Barry Manalow is on now, singing I can’t smile without you. Haha. Part of his lyrics are I can’t sing. Yep, you’re right there Bazza. My friend Vivi would smack me for saying that. She loves him. And though I really don’t think Barry can sing, I still really like him.

 

It’s funny isn’t it, how music can really affect your mood. Bring back memories good and bad. Give you hope and make you feel like going for a very long sleep. Possibly forever?

 

Hub is in our gym. The garage. Oh, he is doing so well. Me, no, I’m a total hopeless case. And it makes me feel so bad.

 

Winds are expected for us tomorrow again. 70 mph.

 

Shamrock and I are popping to the shop to buy a couple of things I have ran out of. It was really kind of her to offer. It will be a very quick shop, one day it would be lovely to have a girly day with her. One of her friends has had a baby. In her words, seeing the baby, was the best contraception for Boy Wonder, as he says he can’t deal with the stress of being a parent just yet. Great, they are too young to be stuck in life when there is so much living to do, but it takes two to tango. Smile. I think Shamrock will agree to dance though as she is a typical young girl who is starting life and doing so much now her and BW are dating. They have been to so many countries since they started dating I think apart from Ireland and obviously UK, she had only been abroad once. In the past year, they have been to about four countries and all over England and even Scotland.

 

Thank you for the messages about the English blogs I have published. You have asked for a class three. Smile. I will think about it and let you know.

 

My friend asked me yesterday about Thunder vests. I asked my American friends as my friend said they are popular in the US. My friends were right there with advice. My friends little dog is so afraid of the fireworks. So, for those who don’t know about the vest. As one lady said it’s like a hug. A vest that seems to work. But you put it on your dog when there are no storms or fireworks when they are going somewhere that they enjoy so they relate to the vest as fun. If you put it on them only when there is a storm or fireworks, then they will learn that the vest represents when they are going to be afraid.

 

My friend from the UK said you can buy them at Pets at home too.

 

As another pal told me you shouldn’t there there the dogs. In other words, if you make a deal about the nasty noise the dog will pick up on that play on it and it will make them worse.

 

Just act normal as if another day. I know classical music helps too and you can buy plug in devices too.

 

I spoke with my friend in India the other day and seriously the noise of the fireworks there, because of the Diwali celebrations was just shocking. The dogs in his street were barking and some were hiding under the bed bless them but the noise was like a warzone. I have never heard noise like it. He said the air was so polluted.

 

On that note, to all of my Bloggets from India, Happy Diwali.  And Happy New year.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: