translate

Sunday 29 October 2017

HALFWAY DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Well, a week ago today, I was dreading. Today, I’m half way there. But somehow that thought, doesn’t seem to help!

 

Last night our clocks went back. Does that mean it will come one hour earlier? I’m out with some friends this week, will that speed time up? Why do I want my life to go faster? It’s crazy. I need to take a chill pill. My chill pills were a talk of let’s say, em, not quite a discussion, as that is normally more than one person, as is a debate, the talking that went on last night, was a lecture I would say. I was to listen, obviously.

 

As I was about to order some delicious Saturday night treat, to eat in front of watching the X Factor, my loving Husband spat his dummy out and had a mini radgie!

 

Needless to say, I didn’t order my bags of lolly’s. He just knocked all the fun out of life. Making my time without my baby worse. After he calmed down, he explained that he loves me more than anything else in the world and he wants to spend all the years he was without me, now, with me. Em, I’m not intending going anywhere!

 

So, half way through my Sons holiday. Today he spent time on a catamaran and had a lobster lunch on a private beach. Tomorrow he is swimming with stingray and sharks. Shamrock reassured me the sharks have had their teeth removed. Poor sharks. Cruel. I will be grateful for a text to say I’m fine Mum, tomorrow after that.

 

So, a week ago today I was dreading. My Son was last minute packing to leave for his holiday, now, we are half way through, half way there. At least this week I have a schedule that I am looking forward to doing and I have a lot of things planned to keep me occupied. I wouldn’t care, when he’s home I only see him for ten minutes a day, but it’s per day. I often wonder if I had two children would I be like this? I think it’s because for so long it was just me and my baby. He was there when I had no one in the world and he’s my only blood. He and I have been through so much together, we have a very special bond. I guess I simply worship my Son. I don’t care what people say he’s my child and a Mother should love their child more than anything else in the world. The oven that gave birth to me didn’t want me and that has had a lasting affect even though the Mum who adopted me loved me all the world, the fact is, I can’t get it out of my system that I was rejected and that has made me closer to my Son.

 

If only those who are about to adopt a child knew what they were doing to their child for the future, the pain they are about to cause, and there is no need to get pregnant please. Please protect yourself don’t treat your body like a Library renting out, putting babies on loan.
Just saying!
 

Half way. Half to go!

 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: