translate

Saturday 7 October 2017

GOODNIGHT SWEET DREAMS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Just before bed. Some words and thoughts. I hope wherever you are right now, when it comes to your turn to sleep, you do with peace in your heart and contempt in your mind. I hope today has gone well for you and tomorrow you will benefit from the seeds you have planted and fruit you will bear from them.

 

When it comes to this time of night, I often wonder how did we get here so quickly. An yet some mornings I do wonder how long will this day be? As I’m getting older, each time we get to bed time, I think with a heavy heart, I’m another day older. Getting older really bothers me and I don’t understand people who say getting old doesn’t bother them at all, how, why? Is it because they have had such a fantastic life and have done everything in life that is so good there isn’t much left to do? For me, I have a load of living to start. Hub and I want to be Grandparents when our Son settles down but I hope it won’t be for a very long time. I’m so not ready to be a grand parent yet, or, do I think my Son is far too young to be a Father, yes, I think that is what I mean.

 

When I had sight, I feared the nights, not because I was older, but in the dark, I couldn’t see well and sometimes not at all, as my eye disease means, night blindness though during the day when I stood still I could see so clearly, a little at a time. But the nights, I hated them. I was a prisoner for sure where as now I’m blind, the evening is the same as the daylight. I can go out in the night and do anything as well as a sighted person. Except drive. That would be scary.

 

 I do love this quote from Fyodor Dostoyevsky “The darker the night, the brighter the stars.”” That is a deep thought for you. But then he continued. “The deeper the grief, the closer is God.”” I can see where he was coming from. (Crime and punishment)

 

Some people think what has night got to do with sleeping? I was talking with my friend the other day and she said how she cannot sleep and it’s about five in the morning before she falls. Gosh, old Bloggets will remember the days when I would get up during the night and stay up sometimes until 6 a.m. normally they were the days when my Husband was abroad. I simply didn’t sleep more than two or three hours, at least now, I fall about three in the morning and sleep until half six during the week and nineish at weekends, I don’t always get up as soon as I wake, I lay there, pondering on my day a head, before we process this all again.

 

It’s a fact that a lot of people who can’t see can’t sleep well. It’s to do with our brains not being able to differentiate between day and night. But my friend is fully sighted. I think it’s because she has things on her mind. Then she does what I do and turns on tech and that is the worst thing you can do. I wrote a blog on that subject some time ago. The reasons why.

 

The night can be the most difficult times to be awake. I read somewhere that “4 am knows all my secrets.””

 

If you are about to go to bed and your thoughts are heading in an avenue of Melancholy, then try to wipe your mind clear like chalk on a blackboard. Remember sweet smells and take yourself to a place you were happy. I have written before about sometimes I try and it works, to watch my very own movie in my mind. I guess that is where the love for writing comes in handy, I have an imagination that can take me on journeys far beyond my actual capability. I can be anyone on paper and in my mind. Making movies with happy endings.

 

If for you night time is made for torture, reflections on where you went wrong or you are simply lonely, then try to enjoy the peace the tranquillity and remove the painful thoughts and replace them with positive words that will tune your brain for when you awaken. Thank goodness you are alive and will wake again in the morning and remember you never know what is around the corner, as your days can change for the better as will your nights.

 

Goodnight sleep soundly and simply enjoy the silence so you can appreciate the sounds of tomorrow

 

 

 

 

No comments: