translate

Monday 23 October 2017

DIARY OF NEWS AND VIEWS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


The day has gone faster than I thought it would. I feel dreadful. I’m coughing constantly. My eyes feel as if they are on fire and my throat is still in such pain. I’m starving but can’t eat anything, apart from some gorgeous treats my Brother in law brought us. It was funny as we bought him some typical old fashioned English sweets as I know he and his love really enjoy them. We have bought them a large tub before. And he brought us some Aussie sweets. I think they are called bb’s. They are a liquorice tiny barrel covered in a really hard chocolate shell. Gosh, they are delicious. Our Son had some and he isn’t a sweetie kind of person, if it has sugar, he says no. I don’t. I’m not at all a fan of bought cakes, love homemade ones but not bought, but sweets, I love. And these didn’t let me down.

 

My poor Waggatail is begging me to either take her out or play with her and I really can’t be bothered to do either. She will have to wait for Hub and the Little Fella to come home, then her fun can begin. No way I can take her out today. I honestly feel so ill. I pray I won’t pass it on.

 

I have no energy so much for getting my conservatory cleaned today and as for dinner tonight? Then, there is upstairs, what a mess that is. I’m still not totally straight after our kitchen. There’s not too much to do, about an hour’s work up there but right now it’s so untidy.

 

Shamrock text me to say they were safe at the airport then my darling boy text from the aeroplane to say they were ready for take off. It will be tonight when it really hits me. But at least we are counting down now time until he is back. I hope they have fun.

 

I’m out this week for a couple of hours with my friend Hellen then next week out with Geordie, then we are off to see our besties and have a couple of nights away in a lovely quaint cottage in the depths of Northumberland. My favourite place in England. In fact, the UK.

 

In the meanwhile, I have a Doctors and, dentist appointment. Joy, such joy! What an exciting life I have.

 

At some point I have to get paint for our walls. How not sure. Last time for the kitchen was stressful. What colour? I’m thinking, now, wait for this, as you may remember for my kitchen I described the colour I wanted as a dish of oranges with cream poured over them. That’s not what I got, but hey ho!!!

 

I’m thinking a strong cup of tea with a tiny bit of milk this time. Smile. When I chose the colour for my upstairs bathroom, I said fresh cut grass, or Granny Smiths apples. Why is everything food or drink related? Our bedroom is apricot, darker shade on the bottom and lighter on top.

 

So, a brief news update for today to start the week.

Prince Harry and his girlfriend Meghan Markle, had a small tea party with the queen. So, serious? I guess so. How do I feel? Mixed feelings. I guess as long as he is in love. I hope she, is in love with him too.

 I’m so shocked at how Spain are treating people from Catalonia. It’s like dictatorship.

Mars has the ideal conditions to support life on the red planet. For goodness sake, save this world rather than start to damage another. Imagine that flight to Mars, knowing we will leave earth never to return? I would hate that.

 

A vet in Edinburgh Scotland, has removed a huge chunk of a baby bears tongue. Why? Because the poor bear had to wrest his head on his cage as his tongue was too heavy. It used to drag along the ground. It’s said to have come from a mosquito. Now the bear is recovering.

The bear and his brother were rescued in China after they were bought and treat with cruelty. Thank God for people who carry out such jobs. Yesterday I was reading about the songbird that is becoming extinct in India. Thousands are captured and sold at markets as people love them for their song. It’s so cruel. They say within ten years there are going to be non-left.

 

Never cut down flowering ivy before winter as it’s a food source for bee’s and butterflies.

Migrants and visitors are going to be charged up front for NHS treatment say the Government. Well, not before time. After all, when we are abroad we have to pay. People are coming to the UK to get free treatment and the NHS are on their knees. It’s a frightening amount of money that is spent on Migrants and visitors.

 

If you give birth in winter or Spring, you are less to get the baby blues according to new studies.

In Italy there is a person who has been reported to be sweating blood. A disorder that is baffling medics.

And that’s it for today folks. That leaves me to wish my Bloggets a very happy and positive but real week. Until later.

 

  

No comments: