translate

Tuesday 31 October 2017

DIARY OF THE GOAT IN THE FIELD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. How are you all today? I’m about to go out with my beautiful friend. I’m so excited to see her. I guess old Bloggets may know who I am talking about? Geordie. Where are we going? A meal, lunch. My friends have little imagination. Smile. There is a part of me that sadly thinks they are afraid to take a blind person anywhere, but then I ask where they have been of late and what did they do and it normally involves a meal.

 

Tomorrow night we are out with our friends, again, both of us this time. Where? A meal. In our busy city The place we are going is a meat eaters’ paradise, so not a good one for vegetarians, but our friend reassures us that there are vegetarian meals on the menu. Never mind, if there is nothing to eat, I won’t starve. I have put on another two lbs this week. I have been on the treadmill for weeks now and each week I go up in weight. I think I may go up and up until one day I just burst and a burst Fifi won’t be a good look! Put it this way, there will be a lot of mess to clean up afterwards. I pity anyone who would get that job.

 

Reading our news today, Glasgow, in Scotland is said to be one of the most polluted cities in the UK. Gosh, that is so hard to believe, as I thought our city would be up there. London is busy but I guess there are still some open spaces.

 

In the UK IVF patients are facing postcode lottery. It’s really a disgrace. In one part of the UK, you can have three tries at free IVF but twenty miles down the road, only one. NHS should be NHS everywhere, surely? If it’s about money, well make it fair and give everyone two tries.

And it’s reported today that pregnancy chances will be higher with a good night’s sleep… … …

Em! That’s not how I got pregnant!!!

 

Oh, this made me mad. A leading charity have spent money on creating a digital nurse. To stamp out fake news/cures/treatments for cancer.

Firstly, I would rather the money go on research or moreover a blooming treatment as they have been doing research for years and it’s probably the richest charity in the UK because everyone thinks they will get cancer. There is always fake news about treatments for my eye condition and it’s up to me to research it further if I were to learn that there is money spent on paying for software to stamp it out, rather than money go into improving treatment that they are researching, I would be so annoyed.

And secondly, there is a part of me and I know this isn’t a popular put it out there thought, but, the sceptic in me does wonder, if there was a cure for cancer, how many people would be out of work?

Just saying!

 

Research says today that group exercise is better than going it solo.

Is that where I’m going wrong? I tell you, not on your Nelly am I going in a public gym.

I know of people who are blind and they do go to the gym, though some go to classes for disabled people, that isn’t my thing I really hate to think of myself as disabled. I have needs, some would say special ones, haha. But I don’t like being thought of as disabled. Does that make sense to you? I’m just like you, only my eyes don’t work. I have feelings, I love care for others and things, especially animals and I cry, I laugh my socks off and I get excited. I also hate, I can tell you hate is a strong word and I think there are about four people I hate in the world. My hate,  is mainly a hatred towards attitudes and actions but it’s strong. I also need and want. I can’t see but I don’t want to be thought of differently because of that, just need attitudes to change rather than be treat differently.

 

On Facebook the other day there was a lovely lady who asked me what to do about photographs. I smile when people ask me those questions as to me it’s obvious, but then I feel so humble that someone bothers to ask me what they can do to involve me. My software reads words only not texts or photographs of words, only words that are typed. I have friends who will post a photograph and that is me stuffed. As it just goes blank. My screen reader just won’t read. So, I have to move on and feel left out. It does hurt when my family do it, and then people I have never met, bother to either ask what can they do or, they actually tell me what is either in the photograph, or what is the text all about. The worst people by the way, are partially sighted people. Sighted people are much kinder. But partially sighted people never ask or try to help apart from one of my friends on Facebook, Terry, she is great, she is my only friend who is partially sighted who says what the picture is. I think out of about three hundred and odd fb friends, 50% are either blind or partially sighted. And one who is partially sighted, Terry, tells me what things are.

 

So, in answer to the lovely lady’s question what to do with pictures on FB, look at it and write what you say, and this is why I smile, because isn’t that obvious? I guess not you know, when my friends are out with me somewhere new they will want to say turn right, but just can’t. now reading this, I bet you are thinking what a load of rubbish? It’s a fact, when people don’t have to verbally say turn left or right, step up or down on a daily or weekly even monthly basis, they struggle really, they do. Even my Mum God love her. Whenever we came to a step, she used to grab my arm and frees. I used to say, Mum. Just tell me, is it up, or down.

 

In a sighted persons mind, they think left right up down. They will have never before had to say it out loud. Try it next time you are out with someone, just tell them what you are going to do firstly haha. Otherwise you may get funny looks. Just tell them just before they are about to turn which way to do it and just before a step, tell them there is a step and whether it’s up or down. See if you can do the Fifi challenge.

 

It will be easier for you as by the time you have tried to get it out, the person you are with because they will be sighted, probably will have turned the right way or gone up or down the step. That is why I am saying tell them before they actually move.

 

So, if there is a picture of a goat you will say to yourself. It’s a goat. But your brain will be storing it’s a white goat, in a field of green grass next to a brown wooden fence with a bale of hay in the background and next to a barn, is a black and white sheepdog, sitting next to a dish of water. The sky is blue and the sun is shining down on the grass making it light green in colour.

 

But you will not be aware that you are thinking all of that. Now, take that picture, you could say, it’s a photograph of a goat Fiona. Or, you could say, it’s a picture of a white goat in a field with a barn and a sheep dog in the background. You can give as much detail as you want. One person I know she can see fully, gosh, her description is the best. If it’s picture of a kitchen scene, she will even read the name on the bottle of washing up liquid. I love reading what she writes, but no way I would expect that from other people if they choose to give that, great, but if not, just let me know it’s a goat in a field. Unless it’s doing something really funny, like chewing a lady’s handbag. Then I can laugh with all of you.

 

Well like all of my blogs, I never know where most of them are going to go. Today I started off just by sitting with a cup of tea and having a chat, telling you I’m off out. Then I decided to read the news on line. So, talked to you about it. And now where have we ended up?

 

I’m off now as I have Hubs work shirts to iron. Then I’m out of here. You Bloggets are breaking all the records again with your views on my page. I am so delighted to see you all here. Greenland haven’t been back smile, maybe they will or was I an accident? Yep, that sums me up. I shall let you know if they return, I hope so as I have never had views before from there. Before I go, today we say hello to our top countries who are from the UK, Ireland, US, Germany, South Africa, Australia, Canada, Poland, Turkey, Taiwan and Hong Kong.

 

The most read blog is Double D Fi. Smile, I wonder why? Well, I shall go for now but I will be back. Perhaps with a subject one of you have asked me to write about. X

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: