translate

Tuesday 24 October 2017

DIARY OF LIAR OF THE JAWS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. As I said in my last blog, talking about the flu jab, I feel better today, not totally but better. I still can’t open my eyes they are stinging. Good job I am not going out. I have no energy and for those looking at me, closing my eyes isn’t a good look. Makes no difference to me of course as can’t see whether they are open or closed, but for vanity reasons, smile.

 

My Husband was on his own last night. I went to bed at half eight in the evening. I was so tired. So ill. And, my poor dog is bored stiff. I have some making up to do with her. Mind you, she has been playing with her toys and in our yard, she was running back and forward with a toy I was throwing for her. That is how I know I am feeling better no way I could have done that yesterday.

 

Hub had to put up with frozen food yesterday. Today I have cooked just mash potato   mashed turnip and sausages. My Brother in law said the food he misses most after moving to Australia, is sausages as their sausages are not like ours.

 

 My Son text me yesterday, last thing I heard from him until he let me know he was there safely, was he said he was on the plane about to take off.

Fourteen hours later… He let me know he had arrived.

It’s a long way, ten hours in the air, not fourteen? Thank God, he was OK and he said his hotel is spectacular. Now the two long weeks begin.

 

How are you all doing? I hope I find you well, healthy and fit ready to go. Go where? Let me know. For those not so fit and well and have nowhere to go, you are not alone. Smile. I’m right here with you!

 

I heard that Shamrock, my Sons girlfriend, her sister is pregnant. Well I know she is serious with her boyfriend as they had, not sure if they still have, huge plans to get married next year. Now I say not sure their plans will still go ahead, as she planned an enormously expensive wedding. Now she is going to have a baby? Crazy. She lives in rented accommodation and cannot afford the basic of things but plans a wedding that will cost a fortune and to have a baby as well? It’s a car crash I hope my Son won’t find himself in.

 

I know Shamrocks parents will adore the baby and be good Grandparents, and, she, Shams Sister, will be a good Mum and her Fiancé is a really nice guy, according to my boy, I just wish people who were or, are going to have children would think in a different way, marry, get a good home then have children. For the children’s sake as well as their sake. This young girl doesn’t go on holidays or even out much in the UK. They don’t have a car or their own house. Their land lord could end their lease any day. I know some people don’t have a choice in life, but they did. I’m sure that Sham will be excited to be an Aunt, and will love the baby, I just hope it doesn’t make her too broody. She’s only eighteen and BW twenty. At least her sister and brother in law to be are in their early to mid-twenties.

 

Now an odd thing about our groceries. We are fortunate to get them delivered. Gosh, it would be so difficult to shop if we couldn’t do that. At our local Tesco, the staff are far from welcoming or friendly. I went there for a loaf of bread once and never ever again. Not after being told before I go again, please can I phone, just to warn staff, so there will be someone to show me around? Em, no, so I never and won’t go back there. How to make someone feel unwelcome and a nuisance, having said that, someone I know from Newcastle, says he shops there all the time for his weekly shopping and the staff there are amazing with him. He is also blind, mind you, he is also a born liar. The kind of person that every word that comes from his mouth is a complete lie. So, does he go to Tesco?  If he does, are the staff really nice? Haha.

 

Oh, one story he once told me. He went shopping, got a taxi home. He got half of his shopping from the taxi then the taxi drove off leaving him to run down the street after the cab. When it wouldn’t stop, he went to call the company. But just to make the story more dramatic, he couldn’t remember the name of the company. Hahahaha. It was just a taxi he put his hand out for on the street.

 

Now, firstly, if the food was in the boot/trunk of the car, the driver would have to open it for him and if all wasn’t out, the driver would see that. If the food was in the car with the person I am talking about, the driver would see the left food.

Secondly, if you are totally blind, how can you run down a street chasing after a car?

Thirdly, how if totally blind like he is, I know that is true, how can you thumb a taxi? Put your hand out for a cab? You can’t. you would be putting your hand out to everyone, every car that passed you. How would you know what is a normal car and what is a taxi as they come in all shapes, sizes and engine sounds now?

 

One of many of his lies. Once someone tells me a lie, I can’t ever trust that person again. I can’t even bear their existence.

 

Anyway, back to my groceries tonight. I wanted my shopping delivered between 9 this morning and 9 tonight. But between 9 a.m., and 7pm, it was really expensive to get it delivered and they said on line, between 7pm and 10, it was fully booked so between ten and eleven were my only options. That was going to be a delivery charge of 99p. here is the funny thing, my delivery guy called me, something I don’t like, how every driver has my phone number. Not sure why I don’t like it, just don’t. Anyway, he called me at half five tonight asking if he could come early. He said he has a spare spot between half seven and eight. Well why was I not told that online? And moreover, if I had picked that time, it would have been a £4/6-pound delivery charge.

 

I get so annoyed that the delivery charges go up at Christmas, not just Christmas eve or just after Christmas, but the full month of December. Why? It could be because we order more so more work for the drivers, well, the shops should pay the drivers more as we are spending more at the shops, so, are we not doing our bit?

 

I still think we are very lucky to be able to get our groceries delivered and if not for my software that makes my lap top talk, mind you I do most of my groceries on my iPhone now, and that automatically talks and to shop on the iPhone is so much easier for groceries for whatever reason. It’s messier on my lap top, but twenty years ago, in fact less, we wouldn’t have been able to do this at all. Everything really without Jaws, I wouldn’t be able to write my blogs or talk with friends online from around the world.

 

Apple speech is amazing. I wish Microsoft was as good as Apple. Then we wouldn’t have to spend so much money on our software Jaws. In my opinion, Jaws by far is the best software for the computers on the market, but it’s so expensive. About £700 US $919 Australian $1200 and, in Canadian Dollar, 1170

And that is on top of buying a lap top or computer.

But for me personally, Jaws is a life saver. I have tried everything else and nothing compares.

 

Going back to my shopping. I’m really really going to have to get our electrics sorted out. I said this last winter, we don’t have lights that work in the hall. So, when we answer the door to the shopping man, he won’t be able to see a blooming thing. Hahahhahaha. If you can’t beat them, join them love!

 

OK, going to wait for my Sons text I hope he and Sham have had a lovely day. 13 sleeps to go, but who’s counting?

 
  
 

 

No comments: