translate

Wednesday 25 October 2017

CURLY BANANAS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Good afternoon Bloggets. Someone just rang my doorbell I went to the door and no one was there. I hate that. No car either. I stood at the door like a lemon waiting for someone to turn and see me there, but nothing total silence. Was it the ghosts coming early for Halloween? This will be the first Halloween and first bomb fire my Son won’t be home. I wonder if they celebrate it where he has gone? I, know, he’s a man now. And? Smile. I still will be buying him some treats. And, making him a bomb fire supper, for when he returns.  Normally it’s hot dogs with onions in a long bread roll, homemade soup and baked potatoes.  My Nana used to make us toffee cakes, the odd time I was at home for that occasion. Most years sadly I was at boarding school. Mind you, we sometimes had some kind of party or acknowledgement that it was that time of year, even if it was just a game of ducky apples during our weekly girl guide group. I guess you wouldn’t be allowed to do it now days for health and safety.  Thinking about it, it was pretty revolting, dipping your face into a bucket of cold water to get an apple. Can you imagine kids these days doing that? More like to put a hand in a pocket and pull out an apple.

iPhone!

 

Whilst our Indian folk finish off their Diwali celebrations with fireworks, it’s almost our turn to fill the air with pollution and have Guy Fawkes night, sadly, because of the easy to buy fireworks, people don’t wait until November the fifth to set off fireworks, they start now and go onto New Year in January. But, it’s not as bad as the Diwali celebrations in India. Oh, my after speaking with my friend from India over the phone, I heard the noise in the background, gosh, that would terrify me.

Our fireworks are more like bursting a paper bag. I always feel sorry for the birds and the hedgehogs as people make homemade bomb fires so gather loads of twigs, leaves and other materials to burn on, the hedgehogs say, oh, look, a nice hotel ready made to stay in and then before they know it, they are on fire. It’s awful. Excruciating for me to think of.

 

I’m really missing my Son today. We are only onto day three. It really hit home last night when I was lying in bed waiting for him to come home and I kept thinking I could hear his car pulling up. Then I was sure I heard him coming in the front door. Well, apart from his car is in our drive, and his keys to the house and his car are in our house, and, he is thousands of miles away, I guess it was my imagination. Mind playing tricks.

 

He is having a great time though and today he is going on safari!

 

Hub left for work early again. God knows what’s going on at his place but something seems to be cooking. Talking of cooking, oh I felt so very sad for one of his colleagues. Hub took some coffee beans in to be grounded for the office. A kind lady brought her grinder in but another colleague dropped the lid off it, didn’t bother to apologise or admit to it and now she is left with a broken machine. I felt so cross angry for her. I know Hub is furious if we break something we would admit to it and get it replaced. She was so kind bringing that in and that happens. Not a nice thing for her. Bless her.

 

I’m feeling much better right now and think I had a lucky escape. For three days, I felt so very ill. Now I would say I am 80% better. I normally am ill for at least a week. I think by going to bed early the other night helped. My dear friend Louise told me to drink a lot of water, well, does tea count? Smile. For the first time ever in my life, I actually took care of myself. By going to bed and by not doing anything apart from very basic work. I can’t ever remember me doing that before. The guilt used to be so bad. Guilt of not cleaning but not doing anything this time, really has helped me I’m sure. So, for four days I haven’t been up to anything but today I was able to do the dog run. Oh, the joys of getting better…

 

My Husband has had a basic dinner yesterday of mash potato mashed turnip and sausages. Tonight? Sausages and beans if he’s lucky I will do a baked potato for him bless him. Tomorrow I shall make a big dinner with lots of vegetables. I wonder what my baby is having to eat? Sham will be easy she’s not bothered what she eats, mind you, she is the fussiest eater I have ever known. She doesn’t like so many things, but if it’s meat no matter what animal or what part of the animal it’s from, she will eat it. She will eat Pizza and burgers too. Salad and veg? I doubt it, Boy Wonder, he will feast on veg and salad. He will only eat I think chicken or turkey the odd burger and pizza but I think he will stick to a healthy eating plan. Not sure what it is, possibly it’s a fat parent syndrome? My brother was more humungous than me and I’m pretty humungous, only thing is, my brother was, I, still am. His daughter, my baby Niece Lyndsay, she is into healthy eating and is a runner and goes to the gym. She is very slim. And then we have my Son, he is at the gym at least five times per week and only eats healthy food. Gosh, my Mum was huge, where did I go wrong? Or, is it the next generation from us? Or, just pure coincidence!

 

In our news today.

Well Brexit. For goodness sake, say what we want, say what we are going to do and get on with it. Stop beating around the bush. We are out, get used to it. Europe don’t want this as we used to pay so much money to them but fact is, we are a tiny island and our money isn’t on elastic especially as we are taking in more and more people from abroad giving them houses, money and more. Our hospitals are suffering because of it, schools too. My friend is a teacher and her little school, in one class there are 32 children. 29 of them are immigrants. All the children need translators. That has to be paid for. It’s as easy as that. We still love Europe and all in those countries. I love the South of France and my favourite place in the world is Italy and Hub and I have amazing memories of Germany as children as our school choir went there for a competition and had a stunning time there. We love you guys, we just can’t afford to keep paying out also I want curly bananas. Smile.

 

Oh, I don’t like this one. A new service Amazon Key allows the couriers to unlock your front door. Nope, I’m not going for that one Amazon.

 

Albert Einstein’s happiness note sold for $1.6 million. Oh, my goodness. The world really is going mad.

 

I wonder if the person who bought it, thinks it will make them happy?

 

Scientists say they have found a way how you can control your nightmares/dreams.

Well, great, bring it on as I don’t believe anyone can dream like me. It’s as if I have had a supper of omelette of cheese and magic mushrooms before bed.

Last nights nightmare, oh gosh, it was just dreadful. If I told you it, you would for sure send the men in white coats to me

Again.

 

OK, there’s loads in our news. Lots that I think you may enjoy reading about. For a change, so I shall write a separate blog for that later.

 

Meanwhile I have a date with pairing up socks. Hubs socks. I’m not a clever person with sight loss that can pair up socks, unless like Hubs, they are all black, and from a bumper pack so all the same. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

 

Later gators. Oh, before I go, guess where we had three views from yesterday? Guess? A country who don’t frequent my page, if you are reading this, I would love to know how you stumbled across my page? Let me know through Google plus or email me please? visionsforfuture@googlemail.com

 

So, where?

 Greenland

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: