translate

Monday 30 October 2017

DOUBLE D FI BY FIONA CUMMINGS


As I woke this morning feeling the coolness in our bedroom. I called Alexa and asked her to turn on the heating. No, Bloggets, I haven’t got a lovely maid Alexa is my Amazon device that I talk to and she sometimes electronically does as I ask for example turns music on or tells me the time, sometimes she talks to me and I haven’t even summoned her, but somehow, she feels the need to chat. But today I didn’t wat to hear the news or ask any not so interesting facts, I just wanted my heating on. It was freezing. So, as I put my arm back under the covers, and waited for my room to warm up, I dreaded the prospect of what was in for me today.

 

I had to go to the Doctors followed by something worse than that even, if it’s possible. Luckily, I reached for my phone to see that I had a text from NHS direct. My Doctors,  told me my appointment had been cancelled and the reason why? Due to sickness. Hahahaha. Oh, great, I called them to see if it was a prank text but no, it’s true, I had to wait for three weeks to get this blooming appointment only to learn that today my Doctor is ill. Well, what about all the other Doctors that work there, can’t someone take over his jobs?

 

The receptionist at the surgery sounded like she should be at home in bed with some Mums best chicken soup. She was like death. She didn’t apologise or offer me a new appointment, I guess that is up to me to sort that out and may be next time I will see my nice lady Doctor who I like very much today was a new Dr and a man. I have never seen before. I know if I call back now and make another appointment, I will be told we will be looking into December.

 

Next call of duty, was my Dentist. I had to get a filling today. So, you can see why I didn’t want to wake up until all local medical places are closed today.

 

Well after an hour I got Waggatail ready and today I decided to do a new route. I couldn’t face that nasty road. I knew it was the very long way but I just couldn’t do that pollution and sounds of the trucks, busses and speeding cars!

 

I went the way that Waggatail works badly. I had to be on her case all the time as it’s opposite a park and Waggs thinks that the park is for her and she really struggles in walking past it. Well I managed to get her by the turn to the park and on we went but she wasn’t impressed. Crossed four small roads and eventually we got there. Up the stairs and along the corridor then to find the reception which is very easy as there is always someone talking on the phone or to a person signing in. My Dentist is a lovely Indian lady and she is so gentle and understands the needs of a fearful Fifi. I asked, no, begged her to give me the filling without an injection. She wasn’t too happy but agreed as long as I put my hand up if I felt pain. I don’t care of the pain, I care about needles. I hate them. So, all went to plan.

 

Back home and sitting here now in shock still shaking as really, I just don’t like Doctors or Dentist, and I know today was only the one but if not for my Doctor getting ill, it would have been double D Fi!

 

  

 

  

 

No comments: