translate

Friday 20 October 2017

FRIDAYS FEELINGS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


James Nesbitt is one of my favourite actors. For more reasons than his sexy voice and good looks, remember Bloggets, it’s been 20 years since I had sight, he may have changed in his, mirror, but to me James, you will always be a stud muffin. Smile. Well he has a JustGiving page, he has teamed up with Fighting Blindness and is hoping to raise money for premature babies to prevent them from going blind. 300 baby’s eyesight can be saved with the hope that James has with his fund-raising page. It’s a sad world when eyesight could be saved if only there is enough money. Thanks to the public, I pray these babies sight will be saved.

   

Now, old Bloggets will know I have distant history with Thompsons holiday company. Way back in the 70’s when I was the size of a doll, a bitter cold winter in Moscow and a load of press, created a situation. But that is another story that I have shared and again I hope to in my autobiography when I get the inspiration to write it in full. Anyway, they are now wanting to be known as,

Tui

 Oh, my, that name isn’t going to role from my tongue. Not when it’s been Thompsons for so long. I just don’t know why they are changing their name when they are known worldwide? I’m sure they have a good reason.

 

Thank you to those who have been asking about my friend in America, bless you all. Well after her open-heart surgery, and many complications afterwards, two days ago, she had to have a blood clot removed another operation. She is in her 80’s and was very weak, but her lovely daughter has been keeping me up to date and her Mum has thank God survived another day another dollar. I told you she is a fighter. I have never met a lady with as much fight in her. She is so positive and this knock in her world will have affected her mental health I am sure, but knowing her, she will battle and I pray will get strong again. She isn’t the kind of person to sit still and laying in bed will be driving her crazy, hopefully crazy enough to give her the determination to build up the strength she needs right now.

 

She has RP but hasn’t really been bothered with it until lately. Her sight has got a lot worse over the past couple of years, but, she did get to a great age before she started to lose her vision and still has a lot as far as I know. But facing blindness has not stopped her from being so positive about what is out there for those who need help, like cane training, she is on the list to do so and the day she received her white cane, was like a child opening their Christmas gifts. She was so excited.

 

She is a very intelligent lady and an inspiration to me for sure. She is blessed in having a fantastic family her daughter is like her sister and best friend, they have wonderful girly days together, I love to hear about her days out. She’s like my beautiful friend and our Blogget in South Africa, wow, I eat and drink her words. To me, when I see an email from her I am filled with joy. She too has RP. She is in her seventies. She sounds to me though rather trendy. She still takes good care of herself. Her life is a perfect picture but it’s real at the same time, it’s like a forest painting with beautiful colours of the surrounding foliage, with a stunning pure blue sky with the sun shining on the wild flowers, but, if you look close enough, there will be a fallen nest with broken eggs in it, then a lovely red squirrel is in the corner of the picture but a rabbit lays lifeless. Only if you look close there are moments that make this lovely ladies life not so perfect, but that is what is so perfect about her to me. She isn’t nauseating. I know of someone who really likes to make out as if her life nothing bad ever happens. I can’t stand it, as her life can’t be this perfect all the time, and the difference is, the person who likes to depict her perfect world, I wouldn’t want her life, but my friend, I would love her life.

 

I wonder if what I have written makes any sense? I often don’t. I guess what I am trying to say is my friend from SA, has a beautiful life, and for sure the way she writes is art in itself. Her words dance on paper. I told her she could write the phone directory and it would be poetic to me. Her grasp of the English language is just the best. Where is my friend who has a perfect life in her opinion, it’s far from that description? I really find it difficult to talk with her but my friend from South Africa, if she was the only one left in the world, I wouldn’t get bored of her. And I love the sound of her daughter too, wow, she is a real gift. Like a super hero. And again, she’s real, not pretend like the other example.

 

So, my friend who had a really bad cold for weeks, is getting better, my friend who has had open heart surgery I pray will be OK and a Blogget from India, I have been concerned about of late, turns out he hasn’t been in a good place, but again, is fighting and not standing still. Our Blogget family, we have to stand together help each other out and send positive powerful vibes around the world.

 

If you are not feeling great today, remember tomorrow is another day and when there seems to be no hope, dare to find some. And, no body’s perfect, we all are one step up from the devil and one step below the angels. Smile.

 

  

No comments: