translate

Thursday 1 September 2016

DOGGY DAY CARE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. OK so I’m on the phone to France to book a taxi, well try to. Hub left LF here at home today and as I’m trying to take down a email bare in mind my French is limited, LF suddenly decides he doesn’t like me giving someone else attention and dives on my lap top. Pressing all the keys he can, now at this point, I must tell you that this is now on the file with all of our insurance details, contact numbers and emails and address of property we are staying at? Just to name a few  details that were, on this open file. LF’s typing skills have a lot to be desired!

 

The person on the phone was obviously driving by the background sounds and it wasn’t the best of lines. Also as LF dived on my lap top, he then decided that actually, he would go further and wrap his legs around my neck and plant a huge sloppy kiss right across my face, of course interrupting my words to this person on the line.

 

I ended the call rather abruptly and told him off. He then decided to take it out on Waggatail and prove that he wasn’t a naughty little fella and he was in fact butch and would totally own a Wagging one. He did. He flattened her. She was like a sheepskin rug across the floor. The rougher the better for Wagga though, you wouldn’t believe it she is miniscule but she loves to play chase. It’s really funny in the garden as they chase each other. Now when we put them in the dog run to pollute the air, when one finishes, if you like, smile. They come out of their toilet and wait at the gate the entrance of the dog run for the other to finish and come out. Hahaha. It’s like a person waiting for someone to come out of a public loo. Sometimes if LF is out first, Waggs bless her is hesitant to come out so we have to intervene and move LF to give poor little Waggs a chance. Waggs comes out and runs around the garden hiding behind the sun bed. LF barks like mad at her and she has started to bark back. Now this is a dog who hardly knows her voice. When someone comes to the door, she runs around the house excited but doesn’t make a sound. Now her bark is so funny not at all like anything I have heard from a dog before. Rather than a woof woof, it’s more like a arr arr

As if coming from her throat almost represents a cough.

 

Now LF has Waggas favourite toy, we call the ding ding…. Don’t ask

 

He is rather keen on it as he is a little chewy with it so I will now remove it from him. Hang on…

 

I have to go out later, it’s important. Hub said just leave LF? Em… Really?  Well I am going to have to, it will be the first time ever we have left him on his own. As you may remember he has separation anxiety. So he came to us because we have a dog already and there is usually one of us in. Today will be the first time ever he will be left in our house. Now remember when he was with his lovely boarder, who by the way bless her, she is in her seventies, having said that she is fitter than me by a country mile, anyhow, she took another dog for a walk wasn’t out of the house too long, came back in and couldn’t get in the kitchen where she left LF….

Luckily she had one of those hatches that lead from the dining room to the kitchen, you know where you can pass food through? Well, poor soul had to climb through there. Imagine the scene? There she is pops her head through, see’s LF sitting so tall and so very proud of himself. She said he had a big smile on his face as he was surrounded by chewed up carpet.

 

She is such a sweetheart, when she was told by Guide Dogs she could claim for another carpet, she replied. No, it’s OK I needed another one anyway, that was an old carpet. Just shows, there are still some very honest people around. She is one of them for sure. She is a gem.

 

My house is like doggy day care. There are toys all over. Well, bless them why not? I’m now going to let them in the dog run you watch, as I’m out, my parcel will arrive… I hope not as it’s something I need badly for my holiday. Later with love and news on if my house survived. X

No comments: