translate

Monday 19 September 2016

DIARY OF A KISS AND A CASE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. Feeling sad. My love has just left the building.  It’s three in the afternoon. He got up at half seven and worked in the home office for a few hours then we had a couple of hours to get stuff sorted for him to go away. I hate this, it’s a reminder of so much sadness. I also feel for Hub as it’s a lot of stress travelling alone and especially all of the travel he has to do over the next few days. He has a six hour train journey with a transfer included. At least he has the lovely Little Fella. Waggs would not be impressed but she has a   new toy to play with. I kept it so she would have something to take her mind off her little brother and Daddy leaving the house.  It’s of course the noisiest toy ever and she is taking advantage of that fact.

 

This morning I made a quiche. As teen came in from work for his lunch, he saw the quiche in the oven and asked if he could have some? I said no it’s for dinner.  So I prepared Hub some to take with him as by the time he gets to his destination tonight it will be closer to eleven and everything will be closed. I also made myself a vegetarian pie. There is a tray of chicken out of the freezer and later on tonight, I will prepare a large pasta dish for teen tomorrow. So food all sorted and most of the ironing is done, just have to dust and then the front of the house windows I should do, but need to climb ladders to do that and with my painful leg, not sure that would be a good idea, unless I do it just after I take my pain killers? I have bought the fancy stuff and good old Aspirin is the best to remove most of the pain.

 

Teen not in till later much later tonight. He was working most of yesterday then him and Shamrock went to the coast lucky things, it sounds like they had a great time. She for sure is great for him as far as doing things with him. It’s not all about fancy restaurants and designer this and that with this girl, unlike another I could think of if I wanted to… This girl has her feet firmly fitted on the ground and they walked along the beach, went to the amusement arcades and played some fun games there as well as a game of pool and a turn on the dance mat, smile, I’m sure something to eat would be involved too, knowing our Son.

 

LF went to the vet last week and they think he has just been a little keen when on a free run and hurt his shoulder muscle but now he is fine. Gosh packing everything in Hubs tiny work bag has been a challenge. Remind me why I ironed his shirts? Along with a foldable dog dish dog food, some treats and doggy doodle bags, as well as a kindle his phone, lap top earphones and plugs then of course there is all the Braille notes he took. Tickets money cards and toilet bag. Just to name part, but most of his bag, then I put in his pack lunch or evening snack.

 

He will be shattered when he returns as he is doing loads of the work I have been told he has most of the classes and has a lot of work around that to do.  And the travel of course is never good. Just reminded me of those awful days when he would leave for America and that would be for or five days, then he had to go onto Canada from there and sometimes he would head to somewhere like Japan Germany or even Africa. Then he would come home for a couple of days, remove the clothes from his case and replace them with clean sometimes he would go from summer clothing to winter, there were times when he had to take a choice of different clothing It would be really awkward if he was going to a country that was red hot on arrival, so he couldn’t wear a thick coat, it would have to go in the case as after a few days in the heat in may be India, he would be going onto snowy surroundings.

 

I can’t remember the countries that were involved, but on his last year at his old job, he would wake in the morning and then he had meetings all day, come the evening he would leave for the airport and arrive hours later, but it would be morning there, as the time difference was so different. So on his arrival, he was expected to work all day meaning it would be two days before he would get some sleep. He would come home shattered bless him, only to turn around and start again.  So in reality this is a breeze, mind you, he is in Reading days after he gets back from this trip, and he has been asked to play piano for the church this Sunday as well as an early start on Saturday to visit our friends, so you know what they say, no rest for the wicked. Smile.

 

I’m listening to a great song it’s Indian but don’t have a clue what it means I just love the tune. I have loads of Indian music on my play lists.

 

Hub asked me to put on some music before he left, he said I shouldn’t be alone with silence, it’s not good for me. He also thought it would help the wagging one to be calm… So far so good.

 

There is a new album I need to look at by my childhood crush Shaking Stevens. It’s called Echoes of our times. My ex Husband took me kindly to see him seven times but that was when I had sight, he was so handsome, Shaking Stevens that was, smile, but when I lost my sight, I really didn’t see the point of going to any concerts. You may as well turn on a CD loudly. My thoughts on that subject slightly changed over the years and I have been to some great shows, but it’s not the same to be honest it’s not like seeing your hero in the flesh sort of speak.

 

I have a date for my interview. It’s next Tuesday. Friends are asking am I anxious? Answer no not at all. It will be my first proper interview, I do not have a clue what on earth to expect and I may find myself totally out of my depth and look a fool, but all I can do is be myself I guess the reason I’m not anxious is because I don’t know what to expect, I hate the doctors and stuff like that, because I know what is coming. May be after this interview, if I ever go for another job I will be scared out of my mind because I know how I felt during my last one. I have been looking for a job around here but can’t find anything at all. Every job requires previous experience at that particular job. How can you get experience if no one will give you a break? This job is kind of different in the respect that it’s unique in not really having a particular specification you just have to be a good all-rounder or did I get that wrong? Haha. It’s an hour long, they either have a lot of questions or they know how much I can talk!!! Joking a side, I only know that there will be at least two people interviewing me as when Hub interviews there is always two involved and when he has been for interviews, there has been at least two sometimes four people interviewing, so I presume because this job is one that is a little bit different it will be two people? Gosh I hope they will be nice and not patronising? Who am I? I have asked myself this so much since I first applied for the role, how dare I think I can do such a job? But then I know I can.

 

I will just have to wait and see whoever is interviewing me will see what I am about and what I can give to the organisation, though I doubt there are that many people with such an open mind out there. I will of course have loads to learn, and that is what I need, to learn. I don’t think you ever stop learning, my mind is so that if I think I know something, I will have to move onto the next subject just to keep active. Hence I write so much, to keep my brain working, there are only so many dishes a girl can wash, and shirts I can iron.

 

I had to write something like a test for the job interview. It’s written but there is a part I had to write with it a motion…. The motion had to be no more than two lines and the writing I had to put forward no more than five hundred words and guess what? My lap top has stuffed up and every time I do word count it stops talking, so I am going to have to count the words one by one, how blooming tiresome will that be? I guess what I write will go towards points for the interview? As writing is my strongest gift I can offer, I just hope it will be good enough.

 time to give the Wagging one some attention and a groom. I guess the normal shall take part Hub away, Fifi will play, and my toys are my poems… Yep, be afraid of what will come from my mind over the next few days. And the person I met the other day, thankfully they met me rather local so I went with my killing knee and met with them, they were very pleased and all was fine, Wagga was perfectly well behaved and we returned home safely.

 

Later with love. X

No comments: