translate

Friday 23 September 2016

A TOUR OF THE MUSEUMS


Museums, art galleries, have never been my thing. Why? Because firstly I don’t like past or history. OK my Bloggets and especially my close friends and family will be now saying. “You don’t like the past? You talk enough about it?” Smile. OK point proven but I don’t like studying about historical matters and museums are a collection of old stuff, right?

 

So, why else do I not like looking at artefacts like the legs on a table?

Because I can’t see them. Most of our museums are behind a rope, and alright, you may be able to ask as a person without sight to touch the items. Gosh I hate that; everyone looks at you. A night in a museum where there are no members of the public or staff would be great, I would love that. So this got me thinking, do I really dislike museums? If I could see, which museums would I visit?

 

There are double the amount of museums today than there were twenty five years ago. The toy museums are funny I always remember when I entered one about twelve years ago with my ex. Oh I was shocked that there were toys in there that I played with as a child? I mean, how can that be a museum? I guess it was old stuff to a huge amount of people, my Son who was seven at the time had never seen such toys.

 

So take a trip with me around the worlds museums?

 

Shanghai Natural history museum

Wow this building sounds amazing it’s shaped like a nautilus shell, one of the finest examples of a logarithmic spiral found in nature and it looks like it grows out of the gardens at Jingan sculpture park.

 

Gosh Bloggets listen to this one? Wow, I can imagine the sight in my mind, again, it’s my imagination, not in real life, if it was, I would have to go here just for the absolute unique picture. So, where are we off to now?

Cite de Vin, in Bordeaux, a state of the art centre. This museum shows you the history of wine making and though it’s a museum, the building, wow, it’s futuristic which is a contradiction on history, right?

 

The building is gold and aluminium and spirals into the sky.  The building gives the appearances of like wine flowing up the rim of a glass and it overlooks the Garonne river.

 

And now where? Let’s stay in France

Foundation Louis Vuitton,  Paris Bois  de Boulogne is set in two hundred acre park and the actual building is made with thousands of pieces of glass. It’s a centre for International contemporary art commissioned by the fashion brands cultural foundation.

 

So I think if I could see, I would go to museums for the architect, rather than what is in the building.

No comments: