translate

Wednesday 21 September 2016

DIARY OF MY DAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. Well it’s well after eleven in the evening. My Son has been up since half five for work. He didn’t get to bed till after one this morning. He worked all day then went to see Shamrock. Came home had his dinner and cut some roses that were hanging over the path for me and then went to the gym. After that he went straight onto his friend’s house where he is still. He must be exhausted. I so wish he was home now and in bed sleeping. I don’t like him driving when he is so tired. At least he has a day off tomorrow so he will sleep in. I think he is out with his friend but not sure. He only has three pals left here the other lot have gone to University and Teen said last night that he is seriously considering doing some course that will make it possible for him to teach over 16 year olds. I can see him as a teacher, but that is in the pipe line we shall see in the meanwhile he is burning the candle at both ends and he will end up ill unless he relaxes.

 

For dinner tonight I made large fish cake one for teen one for Hub when he gets in and I made a savoury rice with chilli’s and stuffed peppers with Greek cheese, cheese with ginger and sundry tomatoes. Veg was baby corn and those things that look like pea pods, hahah. I can never remember what they are called. Personally I hate them but Teen and Hub love them. I did a roast tomato on the side of the plates too. Hubs is in the microwave as there is another hour and a half at least before he arrives home. Gosh he sounds shattered on the phone and is in work tomorrow too, but at least he is going in a little later. He will leave the house at ten.

 

He told me an hour ago on the phone, heck I should have let the taxi know that I am in later? I told him it was done. I did it this morning. Good job I’m on the case. Also reminded him to pay a payment that had to be done by tomorrow morning. He forgot, but he has had loads on his mind of late well over the past couple of days but almost home now. He has a change unfortunately a change of trains. LF has earned his biscuits this week. Hub said LF did get a bit lost around the hotel, but he is still newish to all of this. Hubs last dog Suki / AKA Long Chops was just amazing She used to stand still watch looking left and right and make a decision where to go. She never made a mistake. Oh heck, I miss our girl so much. Last year at this time we were still so badly grieving and I don’t think we will ever get over her loss.

 

As I keep saying thanks to so many of you, we named a guide dog puppy after our girl. So if anyone has a pup called Suki she will be a few months now and is a golden lab retriever, it would be lovely to hear how she is?

 

Our Suki was a gift from God, that is for sure.

 Within three days she went from what we thought was fit to getting put to sleep. The shock, the pain was simply unbearable. Hub was blessed that he got another dog so quickly. LF came with issues and wasn’t easy to rehome with another person as their guide dog, but he is still our little fella and we adore him and I’m sure he will come home telling Waggatail all about his amazing time. If only we could understand our dogs? Haha.

 

I wonder if Hub will leave him at home tomorrow as he is getting a taxi to work and LF has had a very busy few days, moreover, he has spent twelve hours on a train and over two hours in taxi’s as well as a new environment to work.

 

Hub has budgets to do tomorrow all fun.

 

Gosh I’m exhausted. Today I removed all towels from my cupboard re folded and put back. Took everything from very large blanket box and did the same bringing out the winter bedding and putting it on our bed as well as doing loads of washing, dusting, floors cleaning them with vacuum and steam mop and doing the dog run grooming the Wagging one and cleaning the water in the bird bath. Well not cleaning the water, smile, but changing it. Then cooking. I made Teen some leek and potato soup for lunch and then his evening meal. Then I washed the main bathroom and cleaned our shower room. No, I’m not nesting…. Hahaha. Too late for that nonsense. Just things that had to be done. I sent in my work for my job interview. I had an exercise to do and a motion to write. The motion was, is interesting… Not! My ironing is still there and I think it will be till Friday, oh something else I did, booked pantomime tickets at the theatre for Christmas. I’m really looking forward to that. England is unique to have Pantomimes we are blessed.

 

If I were to write about the definition of what one was, you would be so confused. Let’s just say people in the UK love them and it’s something to do near Christmas. I must say I do miss the ones in my home town of Newcastle, there is nothing better than the Geordie sense of humour. I can tell you it’s against everything that I believe in to do anything Christmassy this early in the year and I find it sinful to know our shops already are advertising Christmas goods, but as far as the Pantomime? There was one Saturday night left before Christmas, can you believe that? One and the production starts early December and runs for about six weeks.

 

OK, must dash for now and get on the phone to nag to my lad to come home. Cruising on midnight now.

 

No comments: