translate

Tuesday 27 September 2016

DIARY OF FRIENDSHIP BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon I was beginning to think I wouldn’t get here. A very busy day. It’s beautiful out there, hope you are having some sun? Had a great catch up with a dear friend today it must be a week for friends as Saturday, we went to visit our good old school friends.

 

With all of the drama yesterday, I had forgot to write about our weekend. All yesterday when I got back, I was shaking. I never knew that such a morning would affect me. During the interview I wasn’t at all nervous but afterwards? Gosh, how would I approach my Husband and Son. I so want to do this for them as well as myself and others and I knew I had failed the interview though the people were so lovely especially the lady who was great. I have never known of such a lovely team they really are like a family I love them.

 

I felt as if I had been whipt yesterday and the interview wasn’t even for Ann Summers. Haha. Sorry, back to my weekend?

 Hub, Waggs, LF and myself took ourselves to the train station and picked up our tickets. We went for assistance and caught our train. It was packed from one end of our carriage to the other. Not sure about the other carriages but ours was chocker block.

 

We got off the train and met up with our friends Trix and Like. Then we caught the next train thanks to the assistance again. We sat next to each other and as we got off our friend’s daughter picked us up. She is such a lovely girl.

 

In her car all of us, dogs in boot, the skinny’s in the back and fatso Fi in the front with the lovely Emsky.

 

Off to our friend’s house. I was so looking forward to seeing her and Tracey. Let me tell you, our friend from school JB, has a beautiful house. We love it, Hub and myself. An afternoon that went too fast spent with our school friends. Mr. Clock was there too and his friend. JB had a stunning candle, have you heard of them? They are called Woodwick, gosh Hub and I loved it. It’s in a lovely diamond kind of dish with a lid and it smells so beautiful. The wick is made from wood, hence the name WoodWick and it crackles like a fire when burned. Good old Amazon…

 

My Wagga was naughty for me until her Dad took over and she never moved a blooming muscle when he had her. For me she was so very naughty. All dogs played in the vast garden to tire them out, bless JB she’s not bothered, her house is so relaxed. I wish we could see more of her but it is so far including two trains.

 

I couldn’t believe JB’s latest section of her show house. She has bought a beautiful new sofa and you should see what she is doing to her bathroom? Gosh, it’s beautiful. She has amazing taste. I say that because it’s similar to mine, haha so they may be loads of people who don’t like my taste and won’t like JB’s but if anyone does, then you will also like hers. I love her sense of humour and she has not only a grown up daughter but a young teenage girl too who is so sweet.

 

 Sadly time to come back home, but the journey wouldn’t be as easy on the way back,  the train home is unmanned so all four of us, Trix Like Hub and myself have to find the train and get on by ourselves. Gosh I’m petrified. As we walked up the small alley way to the platform which is outside, Hub with LF, me with Waggs pretending she was a pet rather than a guide dog, and our friends with their white cane, there was a train in the station. Was it ours? It was so noisy. There were a lot of people but difficult to hear them. Then they started to walk away, heck, were they getting on the train? Then Hub said it was at the other side of the platform so if we had of tried to get on, oh my, disaster as we would have been right on the tracks.

 

The train pulled away I still wondered if Hub was right and it wasn’t ours? If it was I’m not sure if there was another train. That station is quite spooky at nights. Hub was right, the train pulled in and we headed for the doors. A kind lady got off the train and made sure we were OK. We sat down, got off in the town and on the next train. After half an hour, said bye bye to our Trix and Like and we stayed on for another half hour. Then the twenty minute journey home, after leaving a very noisy train full of drunks and passing by another group of very drunk people at the station. Seriously, I would ban all alcohol if I could. Because of the people who just can’t stop.

 

It was late when we returned home, Teen was in a foul mood he always is whenever I go anywhere. He says he loves having the house to himself. He had been out with his pal to get a haircut, to the shops with him and to the gym and was getting ready as he finished his ironing to see his pals again that night, an yet his mood was like fire.

 

I was sad that we had to leave our friends, but have another good memory and I’m sure many more will be had

 

I hope we can visit our besties Trix and Like soon as we only live an hour from them. Now winter is coming fast, it’s a great time to have cosy catch ups with friends and talking of cosy, it was really funny, when we went to JB’s on Saturday, everyone had alcohol and Trix and I sat with a cup of tea. Hahaha. We know how to party, right?

 

I have a beef casserole in the oven and it smells so lovely, I actually made myself a vegetarian dish today, rather than me having nothing. Hub still at work, Teen there till almost nine and tomorrow he is up at half five to start an early shift. Tomorrow Hub is on a train again and won’t be home till late.

 

So before I go, some words.

A dog loves you more than he loves himself. Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.

Roger Cara’s writer and photographer

No comments: