translate

Friday 16 September 2016

DIARY BACK TO NORMALITY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Right now I know I have to do things some are impossible and others I’m not quite sure I can be bothered with the consequences. Certain things I have done today have left footprints rather muddy, but had to be tended to. Gosh, firstly let me tell you of my surroundings? No I’m not in the South of France anymore, I wish I was. Time out there was still as far as reality. Who needs reality? Not me that is for sure.

 

Hub said the other day that he missed Teen when he went to work. It was so lovely just the three of us and the place was almost like a private island. It was up to us if we wanted to catch up with news of the nasty world we live in. It wasn’t down our necks like at home. There were no bills coming through the door or reminders of appointments we don’t want to meet or make. No work to go to and no stress.

 

It’s warm outside, this is a bonus. It’s been lovely since we got back. Our dogs arrived on Monday evening. Hub went to the office where they would be. Wagga was already there as the lady she was staying with is one of Hubs colleagues. Gosh, she was delighted to see Hub and she has had a great week. Waggs that is, not sure Hubs colleague was pleased to see him as he is doing budgets this week.  She did a few things for charity including a shop collection and a visit to an old people’s home. She also went for walks along the local beach to where she was staying and played with the lady’s little dog. Then the best one, she went to a country fair. She was entered into a competition and it was for the Waggiest tail, but she lost her wag and wasn’t impressed, so failed. But to my delight she won another competition, and guess what the title was?

“Best bitch”” Haha. Gosh what it must be like to get a rosette for being the best bitch? She ate a teddy bear and her Aunty took her to a pet shop to try to find another toy but in the meanwhile, at the till, Waggs had picked up a big chew and proudly had it in her mouth so her Aunty had to pay for it thankfully she was seen in time don’t want wagga and co getting arrested?

 

Sounds like she had a great week. As for the Little Fella, he came to the office some hours after Hub arrived. He was OK quite pleased to see Hub but not as excited as we thought he would be. He didn’t destroy anything thank goodness. The lady he was with was so lovely and reassured me during our holiday all was well. He came home not speaking to Wagga. They were very odd. Wags attached herself to me something she never does and LF just went in his bed. He was sulking, we thought. Next evening Hub worked LF and he said he just didn’t want to work. LF that was. Hub said his walking was really bad and his tail was down, normally it’s right over the harness. So was he still sulking? No, his walking was awful and Teen came in from work LF’s eat stayed in his bed and he never moved that night.

 

Next day hub was due for an aftercare as was I, but it was only Christmas when I was seen and I wouldn’t be able to walk far. My knee is still killing though after resting it for days, it’s getting better.

 

Well, long and short of it, poor LF couldn’t walk either. Not sure what is wrong with him may have pulled a muscle with all the free runs he has had but tried to get him in Hubs stupid vets and they were not open. I really don’t like his vet. Mine seems to be open all of the time but it’s a nightmare to get to. Anyhow LF improved and today he is staying at home with me whilst Hub is off to Manchester. A thirteen hour day for him in this heat would be too much for LF so he has stayed in bed most of the morning, brought back such sad memories as almost to the day it will be our Suki’s anniversary of her death and Hub said he will take LF to the vet tomorrow at work oddly the same day not date as we got our Suki AKA Long Chops put to sleep.

 

He has really picked up even chased Wagga around the garden this afternoon.                up for his carrot and bringing me all of his toys. So looks like just a pulled muscle but will get it checked out anyway.

 

I started to write this blog earlier in the day and now it’s seven in the evening. Tomorrow I have to meet someone about a poem they want me to write for them. Goodness knows how I will walk there? Haha. I will look a right one hobbling along.

 

Poor stressed Hub is miles from home. I realised I missed a call from him called him back. He must have pressed answer without realising and all I heard was him saying oh no, I don’t believe this is happening. Oh of course I panickt when I heard the guy apologise. I was dreading him travelling without his guide dog but LF had to have a day off walking.

 

Well after a couple of moments I called him back. There is something wrong with the line so his train has had to change so he is delayed. By the time he gets home, he will have been on the go fourteen hours. But next week is worse. He is away Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Get’s home after midnight on Wednesday and up for work the next morning. Nothing like his last job though, I will never forget twenty countries in three months. Three countries in one week and long hall too. Three different time zones.

 

I made a lamb hot pot for dinner. Teen just had his with a giant Yorkshire pudding and loved it. It smells lovely. I have not yet had my dinner and I don’t know what I will have. I can’t be bothered really to make anything. Tomorrow I’m making a home made quiche. We will have it with salad. That will be lovely.

 

Gosh you should see my ironing pile? It’s almost as tall as me. Haha. So I guess I shall go and do some whilst waiting for my love to come home. I have just had a fashion show from boy wonder. He has bought some new clothes. He looks so lovely, he is so tall and I’m told his hair with the sun has gone light blonde. Proud of my Son how he works hard and looks so good taking care of his appearance.

 

He went out for a meal with Shamrock the other evening, gosh he looked a million dollars. She is a lucky girl.

 

OK pain killer for my knee it’s really really hurting, though is getting better. Then the ironing. Whoop woo. Can’t wait for that one? Until tomorrow with love

No comments: