translate

Friday 30 September 2016

DIARY OF TRUST LAUGHTER AND LOVE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. Thank you for all of your kind emails. I have not been here for a few days I have half written blogs and either they were not good enough to publish or I just didn’t get time to publish them and by the time I found some time, they were old news!

 

It’s been a strange few days ending yesterday with a happy closure. Firstly, my interview day on Monday, I still have not heard they did say next week but I hoped that I would have heard by now.  There is another job I’m looking at if I apply I shall tell you. I shall look into it more this afternoon and fill in all what is necessary if I learn of the job location.

 

I have heard from my faithful Bloggets such positive words with regards me talking about going for an interview, how they now have the courage to do so as well. I’m delighted. My work is done if that is the case. I know a lot of you apply for jobs and don’t get an interview, well I wonder if A, you need to look how you are writing as in how you are selling yourself and your written word? And B, maybe you are looking at the wrong kind of occupation for yourself? If I were to apply to work with for example, Paedophiles, and I did get the job, I would have to deal with them. Smile. No way I could sit in front of a person like that and be professional. I also couldn’t work with the preparation of meat. For obvious reasons.

 

Not sure if you Bloggets in the UK saw that program on BBC I think it was last night? It was all about meat. Hub said it would upset me. Well I started to get high blood pressure at first as the way the man was talking about meat with no regard to the animal drove me to despair. But then, I ended up with a huge smile on my face which turned into an expression of concern. Not just for the animals but for my boys. As of course they eat meat.

 

Did you know that a bacon sandwich with two slices of bacon in was the health equivalent of smoking four cigarettes?

Burning things on a BBQ released chemicals called Heterocyclic amines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Muscle meats such as Beef, Pork, Fish or poultry cooked on a high temperature have such chemicals and did you know even the fat oils that drip from a BBQ for example, also cause these chemicals which change the DNA, which cause cancer. Not only BBQ’s but grills or pan fry anything that is cooked on a high temperature. One of these chemicals is also found in cigarettes and car fumes.

 

Then there is the amount of meat you eat per day? I can’t remember the recommended dose but what I can tell you is that a man had a full English breakfast and he had two bits of bacon and a sausage and he was almost double over what his consumption should be. So how to reduce the risk of cancer? Well cut down on your daily meat allowance. Avoided exposure to an open flame or a hot metal surface and avoiding prolonged cooking times, especially at high temperatures.

 

Cook your meat in a microwave to avoided cooking it on high temperatures start it in the microwave then finish off on your cooker/oven.

Turn your meat over as much as you can.

Remove charred bits from meat and avoid gravy made from meat.

(Become a vegetarian?)

 

Seriously, I was a happy bunny running free in the countryside without the farmer chasing me when the show had almost ended. I say almost as Hub and I after forty minutes had heard enough.

 

So as for last night? Well, yesterday was a funny one for me. After taking some time out to think about life, and certain people in life, my main thought was on the subject of trust. Our Little Fella had to go to the vets for an ex-ray.

 

If you may remember he hasn’t been too good for a while, when we got back from our holiday Hub took him out to work and as they were walking along, Hub noticed that he wasn’t walking very well. So Hub had a week with his wife who couldn’t walk haha, now his poor dog.

 

LF had after care and it was cut short as again he couldn’t walk. So he collapsed three times his legs just fell beneath him. Once was at the train station.

 

All day I was worried about LF especially when I learned that he wouldn’t be coming home last night?

 

At the vets there was an emergency a dreadful case of abuse as far as a poor pet so a big operation so LF had to be put to the back of the queue. Oh bless him I was thinking of him in a cage and again putting myself in his head thinking he was thinking where is my Daddy and what am I doing here?

 

Well long and short of it is, he ended up going to a lovely boarder for Guide Dogs who had him when we went on holiday. He loved her so I was so relieved that he went there. There is only two places I would have been OK about him going one with another lady who sent me something very funny last night, so I will tell you about that at the bottom of this blog, and the lady he ended up staying with.

 

Hub phoned her. He was really worried about his LF. We have been through enough rubbish with our dogs losing two in a year so we are not ready for more pain.

 

She said that he came in and went straight to the toy box, took out a cuddly toy and found a pair of socks she thought she had lost, hahaha. She is so lovely and that put our mind at wrest. Also knowing that he wasn’t crying in pain as they do manoeuvre the dogs when they are performing an ex-ray.

 

The fantastic member of staff from Guide Dogs took LF to the lady and even made sure he had food for the night. An amazing lady, who goes beyond her duty.

 

Well, we wait to hear how he is now. And he will return home tonight. Much delight to our Waggatail as again, she cried during the night. She wakes up and realises that her little brother isn’t there and gets herself so upset. She did it every night when LF was away with his Daddy on a conference.

 

Now, as for yesterday? I had a great day. Our Son took me out to do some retail for Hubs birthday. He was amazing. I have never seen him be so brilliant. He didn’t complain once. He didn’t make me feel like I was a nuisance once and even encouraged me to go into shops, rather than telling me I could only go to one and only see one isle. That is what it is normally like. We even went for lunch his request. Normally if I dare to suggest a coffee, he is no way Mum. We laughed, sang like fools as we were driving along and just had a proper fantastic day and Teen even told me he enjoyed himself.

 

Gosh, what time did that alien come to our house and abduct our Son and replace him with an angel?  It was amazing I am sure it won’t happen again for another may be let me see, how long has it taken to get yesterday done? Em, yep, nineteen years, that may be how long I have to wait until I have another day like it but I tell you it was so lovely. What a difference that made to my day. Hub was so happy too that we went and he is excited about his birthday gift… He will have to wait until Tuesday.

 

Teen is off work on his Dads big day, but is going somewhere with Shamrock at four in the morning but as ever, bless him, he puts everything on hold, he always has done mind you for mine and Hubs birthday. He dedicates two days a year for us and because we are a tiny family Hub and I appreciate his love.

 

Hub is working in London on his birthday. Not impressed dot com. But will be back for evening meal out perhaps? Or we may do it on the Wednesday when he isn’t so tired.

 

I walked quite a lot yesterday and ate pain killers for my leg but it was great. I also have arranged to see a great friend soon and of course you know that I await my angel painting.

 

Now as for a lovely lady, what she sent me I hope this makes all my lady Bloggets smile.

This is lovely. This made me laugh because only women understand this! If my body was a car, I would be trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps, dents, scratches & my headlights are out of focus. My gearbox is seizing up & it takes me hours to reach maximum speed. I overheat for no reason and every time I sneeze, cough or laugh either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires!

 

Haha, Don’t you just love that? Well let’s hope you ladies are not old bangers and your body work is in perfect condition. Later with love.

No comments: