translate

Monday 19 September 2016

DIARY OF THE GHOST OF THE FISHERMAN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 it’s official, I’m lonely and its only quarter to nine. I spoke to my love half an hour ago, he was fine he was listening to his kindle, but he said it was a very long journey bless him. As for our Little Fella, he had been brilliant as ever. Oh Wagga is missing him though, she has been at the front door crying. I took her out before and my knee is so painful now, what on earth have I done? Hub said go to the Doctors. OK. Last time I went with the other one, they told me I would be put on a list to see a Physio therapist. Five weeks later, a letter came through and ten days later, off I went to the awful local hospital. He told me I needed to do leg exercises. The dreadful room or area was so small at one point he had to climb over the bed I was laying on. He was really camp and so cute and funny. He then asked me to go back the week after. I did. What a pain that was, then the week after and so on for five weeks then I just said I was unable to continue going back. I did the exercises at home and about seven months later my left knee got a little better. Two months after, I fell on my right knee and here we are. So this time it’s much worse. Much much worse. I’m in total agony, the pain is so bad that I feel sick with it. So I guess I will have to go to the Doctors, but really, I wait for a couple of months then go for Physio? Really, after the last time, I am still not sure what was wrong with me. I know why this has happened. I have had four bad falls over twenty years my knees are smashed. Chipped perhaps? So, how to fix bones? Hub said they may put a pot on it? Well, that will look good for my interview? Also, I said to him. “So will I be able to walk? His answer, no. Oh gosh. I pray all will be OK soon?

 

  

I started to write this ages ago. It’s now ten thirty. The house is silent and I have just heard from Hub. He has arrived thank Goodness. Teen has to get up for work at five in the morning and he asked me if it’s OK if he has a shower in our shower room then? My answer was no… So he left the house at ten to go to Shamrocks house, I think they are coming here tomorrow evening. She’s a sweet girl and makes Teen happy. She fits in well with our family too. Teen says he loves her more than he has ever loved any girl. My Son doesn’t half do anything. Everything is so serious. I just hope there isn’t another heart break hotel coming up? Shamrock is so young, mind you, I was married at her age. She is a lovely girl though; I’m pleased she has come into Teens life.

 

My Besties have been married for 29 years today. Gosh I feel old. My bestie from school Trix, is a year older than me and she has been married that long? Well I guess if I were still with my ex, we would have been married for thirty years now. But as I used to tell everyone, it was all illegal and I was eleven when I married. Haha.

 

I tell you, seriously, I wasn’t much older than that. Far too young to marry. Though I have friends who are still happily married they married at 16 and 17. But I guess they were totally in love, I wasn’t. Though I did care very much for my ex you do, don’t you when you live together so long. It does scare me though how serious Teen gets over his relationships.

 

Oh Hub and I were talking yesterday saying how much we loved our holiday this year and wished we were back, I laughed and said to him. “I wonder if the ghost likes the new family who are there now?”” I tell you that scared me big time. Got me thinking, firstly how all of my self-defence training came into effect, if my teacher was reading this now she would laugh as to use the self-defence on a ghost? Hahaha. Let me explain, I wasn’t doing Karate chops on a ghost, I just made a very peculiar sound and my teacher used to say that sometimes when we are afraid, we lose our voice, well, I didn’t that day for sure, then I stood in the defence position and then used my brain to shout at Teen to tell him to hurry as we had to leave, Teen wasn’t in the house, no one was, but to me at the time, I was almost sure there was a real person in the house, and not a ghost of the fisherman, so I was letting the person know that I wasn’t alone. Just what I was taught to do. Also by the way, I was drying a knife at the time, it was a bread knife and I even caught myself holding it so it couldn’t be pushed through my hand/grip.

 

Second thought was, what do ghosts think of us? For example, this man was about eightyish. But how long ago did he die? If it were before mobile phones what would he think we were looking at talking into and so on. What would he make of modern things in our kitchens? OK, enough talk about ghosts, as I’m on my own right now. hahahha.

 

My Waggatail is casting for England. Gosh her hair is never ending. Oh phone call from Hub I shall take this and get back to you in ten seconds.

 

So did you count? Oh I love it, my Husband calls me as soon as he gets in the hotel room and I get a virtual tour with him of what is in the room. Gosh this one this place is classic. I shall tell you about it when I get more time, but he had me in stitches.  Bless his heart, sighted people would open the room walk in and see everything, we have to feel about to get our Barings and it’s so hard to remember where everything is. I reminded him of things like he would normally forget, things that sighted people like I was known. Close your curtains? Hahaha. I also told him to put on a lamp as poor LF wouldn’t be able to see a thing. I put lights on in our house if Hub lived on his own he would never put on a light. I hate that but I don’t like the dark. Sounds funny ha, as I’m blind, but I just don’t like the thought of black. Unless I’m wearing it…

Or the furniture is black. But not the room. I guess I’m not making sense. So I shall quit and go for now. My love is safe and all OK so I hope to chat tomorrow and I will have time to perhaps write something a little more substantial may be a heavy blog, it’s been a while since I wrote something with substance? Smile, wherever you are right now, I hope your heart is fit, your mind is clear and your environment is safe. If you are off to bed, sleep well, allow your thoughts to be only happy ones. X

 

 

 

No comments: