translate

Monday 9 October 2017

VICTORIA AND ALBERT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well what a good start to a week of my Husband having a stress-free time from work. Our washing machine has broken. It’s a few months old. Guarantee? It’s on line and you need things like the serial number and codes before they will let you sign up for the guarantee so we are probably too late to register. We knew it would be a pain to fill in and we hoped that it would last the year at least, but no, not even six months. So, now what? This is the good thing about shopping with John Lewis. You don’t ever need to worry about guarantees. It’s all automatically done for you. So, tomorrow we shall try to call Curry’s where we bought it from and see what they say. I don’t hold much luck. They will say we should have signed up for the guarantee.

 

Now Hub is trying to search through the masses of paperwork we have all the guarantees in one box. Only thing is, there are many of them. Paper shpaper. I wish we were organised blind people who Brailed everything down as we buy them. So, Braille on the receipts, but to do that, we do need sight or help. Without either, we are stuffed.

 

Well we both went into the gym today, I lasted fifteen minutes and really it was worse than watching paint dry. I absolutely hate it. I was so bored after two minutes. Really, your mind has to be up for exorcize. To be successful. At least Hub managed half an hour, but he didn’t enjoy it, he has cut right down at what he eats though, he is so good at that. Me, I tried with bread today, and failed. Miserably. I feel like I’m pushing against a thick heavy solid wall and it’s going nowhere.

And to make things more interesting, my friend kindly brought me some lovely home-made cakes. Hub said no. Me?

I failed even more miserably.

 

My Son was late for work today. He didn’t get back from Shamrocks until after 2 this morning. I sent him a text to say he was up for work in five hours. He wrote back. Stop. So, I stopped, and he didn’t wake up. Shamrock off work today again, she has had a lot of sick days. If she was my daughter I would be worried. It’s her back again. In her job, it’s physical. And she is tiny in height and she sometimes has to lift 19 stone men. on her own.

 

Well, hours later, I’m back. The washing machines? Great news, our boy came home from work and fixed it. Never mind with all the tools that plumbers have, he used three, dessert spoons. I doubt it will work for long, but for now, it’s fixed. My hero.

 

Tonight, we watched the drama Victoria, it was good, though very slow, but I love anything to do with the old days in the UK. And there was a scene in it where Queen Victoria and Albert went to Scotland away from our London into the lovely fresh air and peace. They were sick of people around them so, they took off on their horses. They got lost and ended up in a farmer’s cottage where an old man and his wife told them to stay with them as no way they would be able to travel back to where they needed to be as it would be too dangerous as it was now night. The couple gave the impression that they didn’t know who they were. They fried fish for them over the open fire in their living room and the lady taught our queen how to darn a sock. They gave up their bed for the royal family. It was so lovely to watch how such a couple like Albert and Victoria could just blend in with an ordinary couple. They were so gracious towards the old couple. I believe it was based on a true story. My concern was the horses. Smile. I feel for horses. They are like slaves and never seem happy. If I die I want to come back as a horse that is free to run. White and a stallion. Don’t ask….  I dare not Annalise that one.

 

I would rather watch the olden days on our TV as the future. The future scares me our kid’s generation, I believe there has been no other generation like them.

 

Hub and I were talking about treatments for blindness. He said he can hardly believe how long it’s taking for a cure or treatment to treat my eye disease RP. I was reading something yesterday that said they are delighted that mice after a year are seeing shapes/obstacles. They started this treatment in 2005. And, they expect to do human trials in 2018. So, thirteen years? It’s such a long time that.

 

Well, I hope for our near future something amazing will happen I will look up some research this week and get back to you with it. Tomorrow, an adventure going to our doctors. Oh, such a life, but, I’m sure there will be a story in that somewhere.

 

Take care.

 

 

No comments: