translate

Friday 13 October 2017

RP FILES BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Searching for hope today for us all who have RP and need a breakthrough in research/treatment/cure. The most exciting news I was able to find, is in the link below. There are so many researching teams just starting something. After all these years, just starting isn’t good enough for me. I know this sounds ungrateful, but when you have been blind for almost twenty years and partially sighted your whole life, and you are totally fed up of the chains that can be locked around your world, then just starting isn’t good enough. As I say all the time, why do all of our scientists just don’t get together and all learn what each other are doing and all of those brains gathered in one space, may be able to move things much faster. But for me, France get the prize this month for the most promising information they have shared with us. And in the article below, you will be able to read of the latest news.

 

I believe that we are looking in the wrong places sometimes. We need one fix and this is why I am excited about the news from France. It’s one injection into the eye and end of, we will see again.

 

I don’t understand why we can’t go direct to the brain, after all, it’s the brain that sees, our eyes are just windows. The brain doesn’t reject foreign bodies either.

 

When I am reading all the terminology and codes that are written about research into RP, it’s easy to stop reading half way through as the lingo isn’t pleasant to the ear. But I keep going and each time I hear the word Mice. I then stop reading, as it’s not mice I want to hear about, it’s human trials. So, I am only going to pass on information that mentions humans from now on.

 

In my days of desperation for sight, I do wonder if in my lifetime will there be anything. But then I am convinced that one day like an accident, will a cure be discovered? I wish I knew, as my stomach is in knots just desperately waiting for an answer, I just have to have hope, but it’s difficult most days when nothing is moving fast enough. What will our future be, where will you and I be in five years? Can you imagine me writing my blogs as a sighted person? I can dream right now. And some words I read today. It may be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.

 


 

 

No comments: