translate

Monday 16 October 2017

FIRE AND THE WIND OF THE NIGHT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 

Well, it’s night time now, there have been no birds other than one crow that skwarked its way across the dark skies today. Apparently, the sun was red with the symptoms from the dust of the fires from Portugal. But it was the crow that I really didn’t like. As if a bird of prey well, a hawk was about to eat the flesh from the bodies left after the world had ended. Really it was like that today. The winds are stronger now, but didn’t start until three in the afternoon here. Sky without birds, this is not nice, only a predator.

 

I’m glad my Son isn’t flying on his holiday today, only a few days before he is and I wish his holiday was over and he was home safe. My none existent fingernails are going to be even less than ever after the next few weeks.

 

Whilst my friend phoned to ask what I would like for Christmas today, my dream would be that my two friends who are not well, would recover. That would be better than any gift. My friend from South Africa I have not heard from for a few days and my friend from America had open heart surgery last Monday and it’s been a very long week whilst she has been put on a ventilator. As the world seems to be standing still, well my world is, anyway, I can’t get this figure from my sight, of course I have no sight, but I do see things from another meaning of life. or, whatever, and whilst I’m writing to you now the same shape is standing there, the same shape that was there this morning when I was writing to you and this afternoon too.

 

I feel it’s not a he or a she. Normally I know very clearly man or woman. Not this one. I would say it’s my imagination with all the spooky talk of this weather that we just are not used to. But, it’s in the same corner and same shape and my eyes just don’t see real life. So, this isn’t real? Or is it real in its own world. What is it telling me? I don’t like it especially when I have friends who are not well.

 

It’s now half seven in the evening. I have had dinner with Hub our Son is working until later. His dinner is on a plate. With our dinner tonight, I made homemade Yorkshire puddings. They were enormous. And roast potatoes. Wow, I love my new oven the roasts are so tasty. I cook them from pealed and washed, so don’t boil them first. They are cooked in oil and seasoning. They go into a hot oven. They come out fifty minutes plus later so crisp on the outside and so soft inside. The seasoning I put on make them taste so nice. We had mashed turnip with butter and carrots the boys had chicken breast with a garlic rub.

 

My Son told me this morning before work, he is coming home at nine tonight after work and going straight to the gym. He will be so tired. Shamrocks brother was due to fly back to Ireland, I hope he will be OK, I doubt his flight has took off today as already flights in Northern Ireland have all been cancelled. As have all schools and busses been closed and stopped.

 

Stay safe and take care. And, thank you all for reading these random blogs, smile. We have broken records this week. You Bloggets rock. X

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: