translate

Wednesday 1 January 2020

2020 BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets, well it’s night time here and we have had a lovely day. Reflecting a lot. Deep thoughts with light conclusions. Hub and I have decided that this year is going to be a really good one. We both woke up today with such positive thoughts something lovely will happen this year. Exciting thoughts have floated through our hearts. I hope by the end of the year, I can tell you our feelings were proven right.

 

We have had a lovely day with our Son and his girlfriend Shamrock. I made her favourite  sandwiches it’s kind of a tradition now, every New Year’s Day, I make them and today I packed some up for her lunch tomorrow.

 

If you are cooking for a vegan, don’t make the same mistake as I have done today. When something says dairy free, it doesn’t mean it’s suitable for vegans. Dairy is from a cow how stupid can I be?

Don’t answer that….

 

I bought some lovely sweet treats for our Son and thank goodness he checked them out reading the boxes the cake came from and the pudding and educated his old Mum.

 

All four of us had a lovely time though. We are blessed.

 

So, last night our Son gave us a bottle of rather lovely champagne. Well I’m not a fan of alcohol, but I love good champagne. So, because I don’t drink boos, after a glass, I found myself swaying to the music in my head. Almost as if rowing a boat on a rather fast flowing river.

 

I wasn’t going to go to our friends, I was warm and cosy in our house and didn’t have any energy to dress up. Long story short, Hub told me he wanted to go, so I had to follow especially after I suggested he went without me and he wasn’t impressed with that suggestion, so I put some OK clothes on, did a little make up and hoped by the time we got there, everyone would be so drunk, they wouldn’t notice that I wasn’t glammed up and I was bringing with me a yeti. Yep, hub has had a fallen out with the razor.

 

Well we had a great night. Our hosts are so lovely and my dear friend Di was there. I was sad to see a couple who are moving so far away 2019 seems to be the year to say a lot of goodbyes. No more please in 2020?

 

It was a great night really it was. There were about 12 of us there. It was like an American comedy whilst one of our friends was laying on the floor stroking the dog, he decided to get frisky with her. This was during a session on the Karaoke. Hahaha and whilst this poor lady got cramp in her leg, my lovely friends Husband helped her by massaging her leg…. Close friends we are. Smile. This guy is so sweet, really funny.

 

Our Son and Sham were in bed by 1 am. Thank God they didn’t get drunk. I was proud of them.

 

Here we are 2020. To Christine, Jim and Ruth, love to you all and happy birthday to dear Carrie Ann. A true gift to the world, to be born on such a day we are all fortunate those who know you Carrie and, if it’s your, birthday today, I wish you all the best.

 

I don’t have resolutions for the New Year but I hope to do better in 2020, they say to

try to include certain spices in your diet as research proves it could benefit you. Saffron extracts are meant to represent the same effect to drugs that act on the brain’s serotonin receptors. A hot bath is meant to be good, with a hot towel afterwards that can be wrapped around us.

 

For our evening meal, they suggest carbs as carbs are meant to support sleep. Really? As carbs is my diet full time, haha, I guess if I do without carbs all day and only take them in the evening, that will help.

 

Jogging near water is meant to be good for us. Seeing the colour blue. Again, no good for me, blue, pink, yellow, black, whatever…

 

Music, now of late I have not been able to find the same interest in something I always loved. Since I was knee high, I have loved listening to music, but now I can not seem to get through a full song/tune, but oddly, I have discovered one particular composer who actually works to relax me. When I have tried to listen to classical music before, I have found myself reaching for the volume button, to turn it down, with knots in my stomach, but a few weeks ago, I decided to play some Chopin and gosh, it was as if I connected with my wiring and all the blues were put  in the correct places. Every day I turn on some music by Frederik Chopin and find myself drifting into a peaceful place of some kind of understanding with the universe!

 

Talking to a musician of late they told me that whilst Chopin may be my kind of relaxation, it could drive someone else crazy, but someone else’s Tchaikovsky, could be my idea of reaching for the razorblade but can send someone else into some kind of tranquillity!

 

Have you found your serenity yet? If not, don’t worry, I found mine when I wasn’t looking and it took me more than half of my life to learn where it was, unless I live for a very very long time of course. Smile.

And finally, some absolutely useless information that I am sure you will really be delighted I shared with you.

Not.

If you tickle them, rats will giggle, ultrasonically. Well as I am not on my way to hunt out a rat, I shall leave that to either your imagination, or, let you tell me of your research.

   

No comments: