translate

Monday 13 January 2020

DIARY AND MORE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s dark and raining hard with so much wind my wind chimes are going crazy. As are my dogs. We had a lovely day yesterday with the kids they are so excited. They have a big year ahead of them. The lingo, my Sons girlfriend uses is new to me so, yesterday, I, was educated… what I know as a heartbreaker, is called something totally different now days. I must say, I prefer the term heart breaker to what it’s known as now!

 

 We had a lovely weekend, worked on Saturday but chilled yesterday. I can’t believe that I still have not bitten my nails. This is the longest they have ever been and they are painted darker pink but with glitter again.

 

I have managed to keep up with going into our gym. Treadmill and exercise bike. So proud of myself. Norah the negative neighbour who lives in my head says it’ll not last Fifi. My heart is saying it has to last, my head is agreeing with Negative Norah, who’s a best friend of Nelly don’t you know!

 

Some eye news. How we can all protect our eyes. Even if they don’t work, you never know what is around the corner, so, if a cure or treatment comes along, we need healthy eyes to be treat. Here is what is advised how we can look after our eyes.

1, don’t smoke. Smoking can cause Cataracts, Optic nerve damage and age-related macular degeneration. Smoking can also contribute to developing Diabetes.

2, eat a healthy balanced diet and try to keep your weight under control. I’m saying nothing right now…

3, always wash your hands and keep your contact lenses clean not to get any infections.

4, know your families eye history. My eye disease is hereditary for example.

And finally, always get your eyesight checked out by a professional. Most conditions can be saved if caught early enough.

 

Well in our news, our Prince Harry has been allowed to go to Canada. I feel so sad that him and his brother are not as close as they used to be. I guess a certain woman has got in between them. I just pray he will be OK so far away from his family. I think our Queen will be really upset by this move as will Prince Charles.

 

The biggest bee has been found that was thought to be extinct for the past 38 years! Each wing is 2 and a half inches which is over 6 cm.

That’s a mafia bee.

Keep it away from me

I’m a poet, did you know it? Haha.

 

We are awaiting Storm Brendan in England. 80 MPH he is to enter our country but if he wants to calm down before he gets to us, that will be nice. Our silent avenue of all sorts is broken by cans blown from the stupid boxes we are meant to put our recycle items in. our bin men didn’t come last week, why, not sure one of our lovely neighbours has called up today and they are now coming tomorrow, well by the sounds, I doubt there will be much left in the boxes to collect.

 

I’m out tomorrow and I have a couple of bits of writing to do for a company and the rest of the week so far is quiet for me but for my Hub, it’s full on. He’s now on his way back from London and will be home at about 8 pm. He didn’t take his Guide dog today as together they have a very busy week all over the place over night too, and he was with a colleague today so trains, tubes and taxi’s later, Little Fella has had a lovely day at home playing with Waggatail and sharing his cream dog hair with the whole of downstairs….

 

Fi’s fact of the day! Did you know that a group of flamingos are called flamboyance?

Just saying…

 

In my next blog, I shall tell you the exciting news my Son has to look forward to hopefully soon and the gift he gave his Dad for Christmas that has me terrified…. in the meanwhile, did I tell you how good you look today?

I hope stress is leaving your life right now to make way for a blessing.

 

 

 

No comments: