translate

Wednesday 29 January 2020

HAIRCUT IN THE MIRROR BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well it’s been a lovely week. I have been really pampered. Monday, I got my nails painted a colour called blue bubbles it’s very light almost baby blue in the light, a kind of turquoise when it’s darker. And today I went to our city and got my hair cut. So much shorter. I absolutely love it. It’s the first time in two years I have had it done properly and I got it cut by my old friend hairdresser, when I say old, I mean a long time I have known him as he is far from old.

I’m saying nothing about me…

I have been getting the cheapest hair cut for the past couple of years so today I was truly pampered. And it wasn’t even that expensive which means I shall be going there again during the summer. Oh, his new place is so very grand. Peaceful too. I absolutely loved tampering myself is something I just have never done, and I’m rather liking it. I do wonder though, what the heck I look like. In my head I am still that young girl who last looked in the mirror 21 years ago for the last time. I was telling my friend this week, if a miracle ever happened, and I was to get my sight back, I would be dying to look in the mirror, and to see the faces of my loved ones would be a priority for me. But I would have to make sure when I did look in the mirror, that there was a large bed mattress behind me to catch me when the Fifi fell in shock.

 

Would there be an old lady staring back at me? When people talk about getting their sight back, they talk about getting in a car and driving, but surely these people must still have a small amount of sight? Surely you would want to take in your surroundings first? My baby was one when I last saw him. He was the double of me. Now, he is a man and apparently his features are not at all as they used to be. If ten look alike men were all in a line, would I be able to pick out my Son? I think I would, it would be in my son’s eyes. Unless they used those two-way mirrors where I could see him but he couldn’t see me.

 

I’m happy with today as I was able to get a battery for my Husbands watch too and I went into the coffee shop and treat myself.

 

Our internet has been off all week so I have fallen behind in my work so tomorrow I will have so much writing to do. I have really missed Alexa. Just for asking her the time and to set an alarm. Wow, life without our tech?

 

I’m now waiting for our groceries to be delivered. Then the dreaded task of putting it all away. Right now, it’s cold, dark and wet. Snow is forecast later in the week.

 

Talking to a few of you over the past few weeks, you were giving up meat for January, how ar you doing? Have you missed meat? Someone was telling me today that they feel so much better more alert since giving up meat.

 

Well I bet those people in China wished they hadn’t eaten meat and they would still be alive now. apparently, it was started the virus by eating bat soup. First, I heard rats head soup, but it’s in the news today it’s actually bats.

Why? Please don’t tell me that bats are tasty?

 

Oh, there is a great link for those who have or know someone who has retinitis Pigmentosa at the bottom of my blog, but before I go, something that made me smile I read. “if you are overweight, you are harder to kidnap, so, go on, eat some cake…””

 

This is great news


 

No comments: