translate

Sunday 26 January 2020

HAIRCUT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


We have had a great weekend. Our friends came for the day and today we went to do some retail therapy and got some real bargains. I bought a beautiful handbag that was £117 reduced to £36 and Hub got some lovely smart boots from £200 down to £30 and some shoes for work from £80 down to £20.

 

Tomorrow I’m getting my nails gelled but not sure what colour I am going for just yet. I shall tell you in my next blog. I can’t believe it’s taken all of my life to be able to grow my nails. I’m getting used to typing with either the flats of my fingers or my tips of my fingernails but I’m not half as fast at typing as I used to be. I’m improving so I’m hopeful I will get used to working this way.

 

I’m working on some writing most of Tuesday then have a meeting and Wednesday going to my favourite hairdressers. James. I haven’t seen him for too long as I have been getting a local lady to cut my hair for the past two years and to be honest she is lovely but she is so fast and I have a dry basic trim she takes less than ten minutes to do it and is very cheap. So, I think after such a long time of having ten-pound haircuts, I am overdue a good hair cut that will cost much more but I’m sure afterwards I will feel much better and my hair will be so nice as my hair dresser in the town is amazing.

 

Hub has a busy week. He is in London, Manchester and Birmingham and overnight too.

Every morning he will be up between six and seven. That would kill me. I wonder if his guide dog the Little Fella is ready for this week? Haha. Bless him..

 

So back to hair. Hmm. Apparently Princess Diana’s hairstyle is back in fashion. I loved that I had my hair cut in the style she had hers in when she first got with Prince Charles. I was a school girl and I think when I had that look, it was my best look ever. You know when you are born you are a cute baby then a pretty little girl then something simply horrific happens and it happens in a big way overnight? Oh, my, well that happened to me and I’m just glad the photographs from those days are long lost. The clothes I wore and everything that went with the awful clothes. Figure, hair and geeky face and oh my, those glasses!!! Then that horrid looking dork left the building and thankfully just as fast as the ugly one came and left my life the pretty fresh teen came and made herself comfortable with a Princess Diana haircut.

 

My winter coverage left my body and I hid my glasses in the cause of fashion, or, vanity.

 

So, what style to get this week? I’m not ready yet to get it totally cut short as know my days are numbered to have long hair. Oh, I have to tell you this…. From the mouths of babes.

 

The other night Hub, my Son and myself were sitting with the TV in the background. I turned to my boy and said. “I’m thinking about getting my hair cut off as I don’t want to be one of those women who from the back look really nice with long blonde hair and then I turn around and scare people.””

His response?

“Well Mum, it’s up to you, but personally I would leave your hair long, I mean, why spoil both sides?””

Em, no, Son, that wasn’t the response I was after?

 

Cheeky monkey.

 

Right now, my hair is about seven inches about 18 cm past my shoulders. And my hair grows so slowly. And I am at that age where soon, I won’t be able to have long hair. But I’m not ready to give up my long locks just yet.

 

So, ladies, when is the right time to lop off the length? According to my husband, never. He said it will break his heart if I cut my hair short.

 

I shall be back soon with a much longer blog but right now I’m going to iron my lovely Husbands shirts for work and then sort out my diary for the week ahead. I hope you are all well and have a great week. Before I go a link for you.

 


 

 

No comments: