translate

Wednesday 15 January 2020

DIARY OF TWO BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well Bloggets, you have made it this far. Hello, how the heckers are you all doing?

Have I told you of late how grateful I am that you all gather here and give support to our Blogget family? I received a lovely email from a guy from Spain yesterday. He is a young man wanting to learn English. My first thought was I thought most Spanish people speak English, as when I go abroad, every country seems to speak my language and those of you who do live abroad, are so good at learning other languages where as us in England, we are shocking. Our kids don’t learn it early enough as far as I am concerned. And when they do learn French for example, it’s so very poor. We just don’t take it seriously. When I questioned this young man, he said he spoke German but he hated learning languages it wasn’t his thing. But he now wants to travel and work his way around Europe. But he really is struggling to find some kind of desire to take in our lingo. I told him, he has a goal, something to work up to. There is no grater feeling than being able to talk to someone in their mother tongue! Especially when the person responds in such a positive way. Then I remembered I have a lovely Blogget who writes to me who is now working in England, I asked the guy who is wanting to learn English if I could pass on his email to the Spanish man living here for the next year. Long story short the two of them are now in communication and the man who is in England is happy to help the Spanish guy. I love connecting great souls!

 

I got rather wet today as the rain fell hard from the sky. But I’m not complaining as what other countries are going through is pure hell. I just hope we don’t have any more floods in the UK as floods cause so much damage a year later people still are unable to get into their houses. Water destroys all the electrics and damp gets into the plaster of the house and under the floors.

      

I hope something gets done quickly about global warming and awareness with regards what causes fires due to human error.

 

I had to laugh today when one of my Bloggets wrote and asked me if I could suggest healthy foods to eat? Em, well, OK love, I shall Google that one… and I did and this is what I learned.

 

Well the good news is our bodies need carbs. To turn into glucose energy. So, crisps/potato chips? Well, no, but potatoes are good for us, trouble is, if I have potatoes, I have to include butter. Never mind, you are not me. So, back to healthy carbs. Sweet potatoes which you may call yams, normal potatoes, cereals and grains such as rice, wheat and oats or bread with wheat baked into it. Pasta and couscous are also good for us. So, I’m told. Avoid sugar that you would put in your hot drink. It has no useful nutrients. We can get healthy sugar in honey and fruit.

 

We should all eat five portions of fruit and veg per day. Fibre we get from cereal and fruit to prevent constipation as well as other problems we will encounter if we don’t eat fibre in our diet. The skin of some fruit and veg is a great way to take in fibre.

 

We are to eat 4 oz per day of fibre to prevent heart disease etc, so, get those nuts cracked.

 

Protein. So, what can we eat to give us that? Protein makes cells    but repairs our body when broken. Meat eggs fish, poultry soy products and dairy but remember almond milk substitutes such as what vegans drink, give you more protein than cows milk. Also, vegan dairy free obviously yoga’s and cheese also give more protein than any dairy product.

 

Fats, now we are talking, fats are vital but oh, reading on, in small proportions. Heck. Fats protect our organs and give us energy. But not too much or we will put weight on. Hmm. Yep.

 

Saturated fats such as what is found in animal produce can block our arteries. Causing heart disease. But there are good fats that will cause the opposite to blocked arteries and they are nuts, some fruits, oily fish olives and avocados.

 

We can not survive without water and it’s said that men should drink 10 small glasses of water per day, a woman 8 and a child 7.  If you don’t want to drink water then non-alcoholic drinks also are counted but not sugary ones.

 

If you are good in the kitchen and can bake you can make a cake from oats nuts and fruit. But there was nothing in what I read to suggest adding chocolate. Dam.

 

I can not believe ten days now I have gone into our gym. Voluntarily too, meaning I have not felt like I have to. My secret has been two things, one mindset. My mind is in a good place better than it has been for three years. And even if I am in the middle of doing something and I get that determination I need to exercise, I drop what I am doing, sometimes literally, and just go into our luxury gym.

Okay, it’s our garage. Again mindset, haha, I’m in a glass room with palms and lemon colours, I see myself in the huge mirror across the room and wow, am I gorgeous?

Alright, my mind isn’t always truthful. So, in reality I am that fat lass with lots of winter coverings and I am surrounded by boxes, bags, drawers and garden furniture as well as garden tools. Hmm….

Oh

And a freezer.

 

Now I know my nearest and dearest will be shaking their head right now whilst reading this as they will be thinking what my head is doing, it won’t last. Every year Fifi you start off so positive and it never lasts. Yep, that’s also what I am thinking, but there is a little voice inside of me saying this year is different. So, only time will tell.

 

It’s made a little easier too as my Husband is doing his best to trim down after our Christmas extravaganza because he has a very important goal. Our Son bought his Dad a gift for Christmas that has me terrified. Hub is excited, but he is a little crazy. Our boy got his Dad a parachute jump.

Oh, my goodness. Fifteen thousand feet he will fly up in the air and jump from the   sky. One question,

Why?

Why on earth would anyone want to do that

Why would our son who loves his dad want to give that as a gift?

  Boy wonder is the only person in our will but only after we both pop our clogs…. It’s my birthday in February.

I like bath salts!

And there is no parachute strong enough to dangle the voluptuous Fifi! Certainly not from a high. A dining chair perhaps?

 

Our baby boy has an exciting time ahead if all goes to plan. He is in the process of buying his first house. 22 and if all goes in the right direction, he will be the proud owner of a lovely 3 bedroom brand new house. I am really happy for him.

 

So, that is my news and we are only on month one of the years. Oh, remind me please to tell you in my next blog a really embarrassing thing I did the other night. Yep, another one from this blind gal. I could write a book.

Laters

 

 

 

No comments: