translate

Tuesday 31 December 2019

GOODBYE 2019 BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Hello Bloggets. I hope you are all doing well? Have you survived Christmas? We had a lovely time with our Son and Shamrock came over in the morning to exchange gifts. We both got some amazing presents. Hub received a really scary gift from our Son and I shall tell you more about that soon. But it’s one I am really dreading but Hub is rather excited. All three of us are to go somewhere in February to receive his gift.

 

My brother and sister in aw got me a lovely gift I love. Lots of perfumes and smellies from people and my friend Di bought me a top. I got totally spoiled from Hub as always. I got a beautiful ring it’s exquisite and matching earrings. He also bought me a very beautiful hairdryer. I got lots of candles and they smell so good. I received a beautiful card from our Son that was so special and one from my brother in law and my baby sister. Something I received through the post in the formation of a card, I will treasure for life.

 

Hub and I have eaten our way through Christmas and watched so much TV. It’s been so lovely and we have had a special time. Spent with the ones we love.

 

We are due to go out tonight to friends for New Year. I’m not sure what we are doing yet. I want to see some people our friends will all be there but I’m so not into large groups of people. I hope in my next blog, I will tell you we went.

 

In our news, two schools in England have turned down the bequest of over a million pounds. Someone has offered the schools to pay for scholarships for underprivileged white boys. We have a famous rapper who pays for black people to go to our top university here but sadly that same favour can’t be received for white boys though it’s said that white boys in the UK are not achieving as much as other kids of colour or white girls.

 

In Australia they are still going ahead with the fireworks despite the horrific bushfires over there. Out of respect I think they should have cancelled it this year. A poor firefighter died today and there are many families without their loved ones now because of all the fires. As for the animals? Oh, it’s so sad.

 

Did you hear about the swimming pool tragedy in Spain? A Pastor from the UK and his family of young daughter and 16-year-old Son were all killed in a pool at a hotel.

 

It’s so sad. And the authorities there are saying it’s because they couldn’t swim. But the wife and Mum says they all could swim. There are so many things in this story that don’t make sense. I can’t imagine the pain that poor lady is now going through.

 

We got a professional photograph of our two dogs on Saturday. We met with the photographer and his adorable wife. Such a lovely couple. The kind of people you don’t meet often. Hub really liked them and said he can imagine me and the photographer’s wife being really good friends, he says we are so alike.

I replied. “Intelligent, beautiful and fun?””

I have never seen my Hub speechless.

 

So, what has this year, meant for you?

It’s been the biggest mix of my life. from the most tragic occurrences to the most surprising gifts to worrying situations and back to gifts of something I have always dreamed about. But through thick and thin, I have thanked God had my closest loved ones near me. You certainly learn who your friends are when you are in need and at the end of the day, thank God for my family. Hub and our Son mean the world to me and they ar my world. I have been introduced to people I could only hope to know last year. Still no cure or treatment for my eye condition sadly and whilst there were parts of this year when I had thoughts of nothing happening in my life time with regards to help for sight, I have been reassured by my friends who are scientists that hope is not far away. Something in my life happened this year that was so good and this time last year I never even imagined it would be possible so, who knows, maybe next year I shall be writing about being able to see or at least have a date to visit a hospital to receive some kind of treatment.

 

As I write this, my Darling Son has just brought us a bottle of very expensive champagne. I wish he would save his money, but bless him, he is so kind. He wanted to thank us for the support we have given him this year. That is what parents do. We love him. He has a big few months ahead of him.

 

Lets head into 2020, with an open heart and a caring word for others. Look with new eyes and a fresh mind into other peoples lives. Try to look beneath the smiles of others. And I hope others will do the same for you.

 

A new year, a new start. Thank you to Molinda, Peggy, Sheila, Carrie Ann and my much-loved Louise. To Joel, William and Bill. To all of you who have been there over the past 12 months even if you have just cheered me up or made me think. James, thank you for the highest compliment you have no idea what your words meant to me.

 

If Christmas has been hard for you, it’s over now, a new start out with the old, in with the new.

 

To Kelly and Peter, I wish you the best health. Dorothy, I thought of you both this year. Hope you enjoyed your train journey. Vicki, Pauline, Patricia and my lovely friends who stop by to read this. Too many to write hear in fear of it looking like a telephone directory. Happy birthday to Red, Matthew and Brad.

      

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

Jim said...

It's been a year, time to move on.
Happy New Year my RP friend and one day if there's a cure we'll be friends without the RP.
:)
I really enjoy your blog when I have the concentration to read it.
My mind doesn't always allow it.

Jim said...

Happy New Year!
I've enjoyed reading your blog when my mind allows it. lol
2019 is now in the past. I pray 2020 is great for you and your family!

Christine O said...

Love reading your blogs Fi. Best wishes for much joy in 2020 .
Yes the fires are devastating here in Oz and the losses sooo sad. I agree it would have been lovely if the harbour fireworks could been cancelled in respect, but glad to hear they say they’ve raised close to $2 million raised for ‘bush fire relief’.. Not sure exactly that will mean.
I’m hanging to find out what / where your wonderful son is taking you later on 😃 ( big smile)
The very sad deaths in Spain seem very strange. I hope that’s investigated further.
Thanks again Fi. Happy new year family Fi xxxx

Fiona Cummings said...

Jim thank you so much. Friends forever. Christine, you are so lovely. Thank you for your support. You're always really kind regarding what I write when sometimes I just wonder if anyone out there reads them. Re Hubs gift from our Son, I feel sick. He is scared stiff too but quite looking forward to it as well. So pleased some money and a huge amount is going to some good from the fireworks. Happy New Year. xxxx