translate

Friday 13 December 2019

DIARY OF THE LOCK IN AND NEW START BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s wild out there. That kind of heavy rain that is full of grit. Dirty rain. It’s also really windy. A blind person fogs. If we can’t hear, we can’t see. And guess who has to go out later? Me and the wonderful wagging one! It’s a twenty-minute walk there and the same back if, Waggs and I work it out and don’t get lost. A couple of weeks ago, we got so lost doing this route, but we have done it since and we were OK. Getting there it’s fine, it’s getting back there is not much of an indication for one of the kerbs and because of this, I’m not too sure when I have arrived on that kerb and it’s that kerb that I have to do a sharp right. If I miss that right by two and a half steps, and then turn right, I’m on a totally different path. And then it all goes very wrong. It took me over 45 minutes the other week to get home it should have taken twenty minutes. And today I can not afford to be late as I need to get home, pick up a couple of things then head out again. I thought I may have to do our post office but looks like I don’t now, but I do have a date with a lady with a scalpel!!!

 

My Son and I were chatting last night and he were saying how he is envious of his friends as they are all living abroad now. it’s the done thing, holidays are not good enough now, the kids need to live abroad for a year. I told him, since he was 16, he has been abroad to so many countries with friends, in the past two years he’s been to about six and is off to America again in the spring. For years his friends have been in the UK and had no holidays. But the grass is always greener. I also said that it’s not always what it seems. I mean, if you see pictures of the sunny surroundings of your pals, and you are in a very cold wet country, yes it’s going to look better there, he loves Los Angeles and he said if not for me and Hub, he would move there, and I said it sounds perfect there but they do have issues I’m sure like every perfect part of the world. Hub and I took our boy all over the world when he were a little boy too! Japan was his favourite he and Hub went there together whilst I dog sat back at home!

 

I understand why he would want to live abroad. I would if I won the lottery. But I’m sure I would miss little England. Especially all the accessibility we have to theatres, cinema’s and transport. Our home grocery shopping and audio for our TV programs. Our NHS has huge problems, but it’s all free.

 

Have you ever heard of scentsicle sticks? I think that is what they are called. They are really lovely. I’m probably the last person to have heard of these and always wondered what they are like, but never bought them as they are not cheap and there is never a description of what they are in my grocery shopping. But my friends Mum brought me a tin the other day and wow double wow. You are meant to hang them from your Christmas tree. But I have hung them on my wind chimes in the house. They smell absolutely amazing and I have had mine a few days now still smell beautiful. Warning, they come with a small pack of hooks, watch they don’t drop out of the tin as they are tiny and if pets get them, could be dangerous. But once they are on the sticks, and the sticks are out of reach of pets and children, remember children can climb, my Son did from the age of two…. They stay on the hooks in a safe way. But the hooks on their own, can be dangerous. They are more affective than any air freshener or cinnamon sticks.

 

Well what a busy week I have had every day been out somewhere. Oh, you would laugh, so, after a lovely time with my friend Artie, I met with my dear friend Geordie. We went to our pub we go to every week with other friends. Geordie and I were like drowned rats the rain was gross and plentiful. We got through the first door of the pub closing it behind us, keeping out Jack Frost. Got to the next door, my friend said, oh, no, there are no lights on. It looks closed. Oh, no surely not I replied? As we went to the outside door to go elsewhere, we couldn’t get out. Hahahahaha. She asked me, the person who is blind, Fiona, this is the door we came through, isn’t it? Well this part of the pub is all glass, so I said I thought so, as we frantically pushed and pulled every bit of glass, we kind of thought we were in there for the long run, wouldn’t be so bad but the blooming place was shut, we were stuck in a corridor. Now most of my friends have had what we call a lock in, normally that is when the land lord locks the doors keeping people in to drink under the table. We got the first lock in of our lives, in the porch way far from the bar…. Well we got out eventually, my friend hadn’t been pushing the door hard enough. Hahaha, I joked saying she was so hungry she was weak.

 

We headed off to another pub where there was a welcoming coal fire. A real Christmas tree and candles. The starters were delightful but my main course was absolutely disgusting, but the company was the best as always.

 

Well today is Friday the 13th. I thought it was going to be a bad luck day for us, but our elections have taken part and I’m so pleased and totally relieved to say our PM has remained in place where he belongs and that stupid person from the Labour party is gone. Now let’s hope that the conservative PM Boris Johnson, is kind to all the Labour supporters who went against their Labour party for the first time in some areas in 100 years. Let’s hope Boris will show them, they ticked or crossed the right boxes.

 

A new start for our country, let’s live it and be kind to each other no sour grapes as the majority voted and we have to be respected. I hope time will tell those who voted for other parties, will be satisfied with what happened to our election yesterday.

 

Have a blessed weekend and to Mary, good luck for today. Kelly and Peter, thinking of you both and Jean and Ian, sending love!

 

 

 

 

   

  

No comments: