translate

Monday 9 December 2019

COFFEE FOR CHRISTMAS IN N'o 10 BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Good evening Bloggets. I hope I find you all well? Here I am in my sitting room. The house is smelling lovely of cinnamon. It’s so cold and damp outside but toasty warm in here.

 

I have been listening to Chopin, all day today I found it really relaxing. I sat with a coffee earlier after a long hard day of work and ate some delicious cake my lovely friends Mum brought me the other day. It is a fruit cake with marzipan, but not Christmas cake.

The combination of that with the fragrance of a warm cup of comforting coffee, was truly delightful.

 

Hub left early this morning even before the birds were woken by their cuckoo clock! He will return tomorrow night. He left wearing a Christmas jumper. His meeting today is jumper themed. A press of a button and he flashes. Haha. The funny thing is, he had to ask our lovely girl Friday yesterday if the lights were working. As he could be thinking he is flashing and he’s not. As long as he doesn’t get arrested…. It was a jumper our Son bought his Dad three Christmas’s ago. I think next year he should get a new one. I understand he has only worn it twice before today, but there comes a time when the same flashing isn’t funny anymore as you have seen it all before!!!

 

I got my nails painted yesterday. The polish is called grapefruit sparkle. It’s very light pink with well, sparkles….

 

Oh, I have so aged this year it’s really bothering me. For the first time in my life I have lines now on my face. I can feel two of them. I have been asking my friends how old I look and it’s awful. I look two years younger than I am. You may think that is OK, but a year ago, I looked according to the same friends, 8/9, years younger than my age. This year has been so tough, obviously it is showing and when you can’t see what you look like in the mirror, I don’t like it. But if I could see, I may like that less. Haha. A couple of my friends have Botox, but I would never have that, Polyfilla perhaps?

 

It’s said that skinny people look older as they wrinkle more, well, I’m far from skinny, so, lines etc, get lost please, go on, do one!

 

We went for a delicious Sunday lunch yesterday. Well, the day before yesterday as it’s now 2.43am.

Oh, it was so nice. Hub made me laugh he had Sherry Trifle for dessert, he was pretending he was drunk, he said it was a good job he wasn’t driving. Hahaha. I guess you could say he was blind drunk.  It was home made and he said the chef must have put half a bottle of sherry in the sponge.

 

Our girl Friday was with us and she is great, if she see’s something she tells us. There was a couple sitting on one of the sofa’s in the pub. She could see them from the restaurant of the pub where we were sitting. She said the lady had fallen asleep and when Girl Friday finished her dinner moving onto her dessert, she started to laugh saying the man, was asleep now. but then moments later, she looked up to see he now was like her, fast asleep but was cuddling her. Hahahahaha. Right in the middle of the pub. At what point does someone wake them up? Imagine if they both forgot where they were and it got a little fruity?

 

A quick warning. Dog owners. Please be careful what you are giving your dogs as treats. There are dog treats that are from China and are poisoning our dogs. If you do a little research you will find lists of all the dog treats that are so dangerous for our dogs and the scary thing is, our shops are still selling them.

 

In our news, it’s only two more sleeps before our huge election. This is the biggest since I have been able to vote. I have to say, I’m rather afraid of the outcome of this vote. It’s a case of getting our country to be strong like it used to be, taking control before we lose it to over population and dangerous debts, or watching Britain fall to it’s knees, being ruled by a man who is so devious I just don’t understand how people can not see what he is like. I understand people have voted for his party all of their years where by their votes legally count, but sadly since Tony Blair, Labour hasn’t been the same as the old Labour party!

 

I am sure it will come out one day soon, but there is something not to be trusted about Labours leader Jeremy Corbyn, who is 70 years old, but sounds so much older. He has a real meanness about him and I don’t understand how my very clever friends can’t see it? He is promising so much money but isn’t saying where he will get the money from and one of his people has suggested that the only way is to get our country into a huge debt, Labour isn’t any good for the economy. I’m not saying that our now PM Boris Johnson, who is 55 years old, is any good, but he really will make us strong like we used to be so many years ago. Long before I was born.

 

I grew up being from a labour family. I would be classed as a sinner now for even thinking of turning my back on the Labour party, but their policy scares me. They don’t want a cap on allowing as many people into our country who want to come in. where will we put all these people? Our school’s hospitals dentists and so on, are overcrowded as it is, they want to get rid of security services and weapons. Lay down and be walked all over. A while back, Jeremy wanted to tell our press how bad our trains are by saying he couldn’t even find a seat. He was pictured sitting on the floor of a train. It was proven afterwards that he walked by empty seats and sat on the floor just to try to put the Government down by saying look at our dreadful train services. He has been married three times, once I can understand, twice, but then three times? I know of many good people who have been married three times, but that is normally down to the fact that their spouses have either cheated on them or died.

 

His latest wife, is twenty years younger than him and is a millionaire who sells Mexican coffee to rich Brits, for obscene amounts of money whilst the labourers in Mexico, receive    less than £1 for a mid-sized bag of coffee.

 

Whilst their house is worth over one million pounds, I’m not sure how that is understanding the working class? One good thing about our now PM Boris, four years ago, he slept rough to raise awareness for London’s homeless. Though he has had a posh person’s upbringing, I don’t believe he is a snob. He isn’t afraid of getting his hands dirty and he used to cycle everywhere rather than drive his car. He is clever but sadly is rubbish in my opinion in public speaking. For some, this may come across as a person who dithers. Personally, I like his policies it’s no good promising the earth people have to ask, where would all that money come from that Jeromy is offering. It’s like he just pulls out numbers from his head without thinking about the consequences and his now shadow secretary Diane Abbott, who is 66 is also known for her disastrous mathematical errors who by the way, had an affair with Corbyn some years ago.

 

I fear I will wake up on Friday the 13th, feeling desperate learning that our new PM will be Corbyn. He is the first person wanting to be elected that actually scares me. Our mortgage will jump up in price so that so many people will have to sell their houses as they won’t be able to afford the repayments.

 

Corbyn has had many connections with the IRA and has had meetings with known terrorists. He has met up with people from Aran for example. If you read about the dreadful stabbings on our London bridge last week, that murderer got released from jail after only serving half of his time. Some rule to do with us being a part of the EU union. Boris wants to make sure that would never happen again. Jerry wants to let the terrorists free.

 

So, Hub and I shall be off on Thursday to vote. And we won’t be voting for Corbyn, and I hope to God people do lots of research before placing their crosses.

 

Well I guess I shall close the house now for the night and sleep. A busy week this next few days and a twenty minute walk each way later for me and it’s forecast for heavy rain. great. One wet dog.

 

My friend Arty is coming this week and I’m out another day with my other friend Geordie. In the   meanwhile, I’m cleaning out all of my kitchen cupboards, washing them checking what I have and throwing out other foods that I think are close to their sell by date. I know, not very good, I should have donated the food but I am not near any places that accept food.

 

After Christmas I have a funny story to tell you all. There seems to be one every year for me. But I think this year has been the funniest, but I can’t talk about it just yet. Remind me after the 25th please?  My memory is like a civ.

 

And finally, this interesting quote.

  If you want something you have never had, you must be prepared to do something you’ve never done.

Thomas Jefferson, the third President of the USA.

 

 

 

 

No comments: