translate

Friday 30 August 2019

RIDDLE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


After a difficult day yesterday, I felt exhausted. Drained but at the end of the day I was so happy to get a message from someone very special to me. Gosh it lifted me so high. It really was the best gift. It was a gift of hope.

 

We all need hope of some kind in life, don’t we? What is life without hope? I was reading that if you are positive in life, you live longer. I joked with friends saying heck, I’m dead already. Haha. My glass has been half empty most of my life, though friends say I am the most positive person they know. Really? Gosh, who do they know? Moreover, how many people do they know? Many years ago, I was very positive. But life taught me that positivity doesn’t always work in the long run. Though studies show differently!

 

Life can be like an arrow; an arrow has to be pulled backwards before it launches forward. Remember nothing is impossible, break that word up put it into two words. I’m possible.

 

Dreams do come true, something happened in my life this year I was so excited about. I felt alive. For so long it has been a dream and that dream came true but because I am not the most positive of people, I’m waiting to wake up and my dream will be over. I keep waking up and still my dream is before me. So, dreams really do come true many times in my life that has been proven. I have nightmares though, still, but thankfully I also have dreams that have and I hope will, come true.

 

Here are some great quotes.

Maya Angelou

Try to be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.

 

Dr Seuss

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.

I love this from Ella Fitzgerald

It isn’t where you came from, it’s where you are going that’s what counts.

 

Today is a beautiful one. Full of sunshine a gentle blow of warm kind wind and lovely fragrances is in the air. An ice cream van has just rang its bells but not in our avenue of all sorts. But in the main section so no way I could find it also the vans don’t wait more than thirty seconds before moving on. I imagine people chasing the van down the street, but in reality, how many people actually get ice creams from vans now days?

 

Today I spoke with my good friend Sheila. She is the best company. We talk every day on messenger. She gets me and I get her. I love the internet. I can talk with Sheila in America, Carrie Ann in Canada and receive emails from my most loved Louise in South Africa as well as all of my friends on facebook.

 

I have been watching UTube too. Videos of people singing mainly brides walking down the isle to their future husbands singing either the bride or the groom. One video I watched was a beggar who walked into a church in Brazil. He asked to sing. To hear him talking you would never imagine he would be able to sing, but wow, when he did, he was wonderful.

 

Singing is funny isn’t it? How some people can, whereas others some can’t or at least they think they can’t. Singing can be such a joy. My Husband sang in a church in America and it was one of my proudest moments. Wow, I couldn’t stop beaming. He made me so very proud.

 

That was a happy memory. I have few of those but the ones I have are treasured. I have lots of memories, some so unique. But few that actually fill me with joy. That is why I really appreciate happy memories. They are a gift for sure.

 

What are you all up to this weekend? My poor Son is working all weekend. Even Sunday. I really worry about him. He doesn’t sleep well and he works all hours as well as goes to the gym for up to three hours every single day. But he never looks awake, he is always tired. I’m not surprised. It’s awful when our kids are grown up and we no longer can look after them. I really hate it. I just want to hug my boy feed him and know he is sound asleep in a nice bed. I then wish he could wake up and have some lovely people waiting for him to go and have some fun. He is so young but his youth is waisted sadly. What does a parent do when their children are grown up? Wait for Grand children? But the gap in between and what if their children never have kids of their own? Is a parent retired when their child reaches adulthood?

 

I would like to think we are going for a lovely walk this weekend but I think it’s going to be more like something indoors as it’s going to rain all weekend.

 

Now especially for Vicki here are some riddles for you

Jimmy’s Mother had three children. One was called April, the second was May, what was the name of the third?

Answer in a moment, see if you know the answer first.

 

You can hold this without using your hands or arms, what is it?

 

And my favourite so far. What starts with P, ends with on and is really popular in the movie industry?

 Okay, here are the answers.

 

1.     Jimmy

2.     Your breath

3.     Popcorn

 

And finally, happy birthday to Torie, Alex and Mike. And if it’s your special day sending lots of love your way, have a good one.

 

 

No comments: