translate

Thursday 8 August 2019

LOVE LETTER @PoetryByFionaCummings


LOVE LETTER

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

My Dearest darling

I woke this morning

And for a moment

I forgot you’ve gone

It felt so wrong

To put out my arm

To hold you close to me

But where you lay was empty

Oh, my love

I look to the sky above

And wonder if you are looking back at me

If so, what do you see?

 A shell of who I used to be

Am I a distant memory?

Just for a second I thought you would be near

But now who will wipe away my tears

This is my fear

To be alone

I can’t touch you

Or talk on the phone

But I can write you a letter

And hope afterwards I feel better

Pen to paper

My lip does quiver

My hand trembles

My past troubles

Are nothing compared to what I’m going through

 My Dearest Darling

I will always love you!

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: