translate

Thursday 15 August 2019

A LITTLE OF A LOT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


How are you all? It’s so windy here. I have just checked out my new bird bath and feeder. I don’t want them blowing away, well off the chains, where they are hanging, yep, it’s that windy. They are on hanging chains, to   match the bath and feeder. I was so proud of them they are beautiful then I spoke to my friend who is a bird expert and she said that they were for decoration and not to be used the birds won’t like them. Oh, no, really? I’m so hoping she will be wrong especially as the bird bath is rather large as if it will be used if it was for decoration, surely, they wouldn’t have made it so big? Well I have bird food ordered coming tomorrow night so I am forever hopeful! The feeder has a roof on it it’s pointy like a witch’s hat and there is a small plate to put the food on. It has a small bird sitting on each side of the plate the same colour and material, well it’s metal and cream. The bath is just a huge dish with two larger birds on each edge. They are so lovely and full of detail. Oh, please little birdies, come to my garden and enjoy?

 

I adore birds. I have a dear friend from America who lives behind a beautiful country park. She sends me recordings of her birds through messenger. Gosh it’s so peaceful.

 

I was talking with a great friend yesterday over coffee. We had two perfect hours together. She is my tonic for sure. Our Sons are of similar age and we just get each other as we also have similar personalities, though her lifestyle is so different to mine.

 

Hubs been away overnight with work this week. My little Waggatail and I had a girly couple of days without the boys. Hub works so hard and is really dedicated and passionate as he doesn’t do anything by half. His goals are to succeed and never to quit!

 

Wow, such a gift to have don’t you think? Whereas me, I’m a born quitter. I procrastinate in life too. I get so far then stop. If it’s personal goals that is, but if it is work related, then I have to prove my best. Where as Hub is work and personal. He has lost so much weight. 14 lbs in five weeks. He just says no to all food that is bad for him. Same as our Son, so strong. Now normally I would say but I don’t eat meat and never will, where as Hub won’t give up meat though I am getting there as he no longer eats red meat, so am I strong by not eating meat? Especially as I used to love it so much. But for 22 years now I have been a vegetarian, now, give up crisps/potato chips? Chocolate? Then I am so weak. Bread I have tried for two weeks I ate none. I actually put on weight so I’m back on the bread but only have a quarter of what I used to eat. I go three days now without any. And I cope. Mainly as I really don’t have any appetite at the moment. I’m snacking rather than eating proper food.

 

Oh, I have an important meeting tomorrow. I’m not looking forward to that. It’s with two people.  And though a good outcome may come of it, still, I’m rather anxious. And I don’t get anxious at meetings. Will I prepare for it? Nope, just take me as I am.

 

Who am I? well my birth chart the other day told me exactly who I was. If you read that blog, you too will now know. Funny thing it said I care for the planet but nothing about animals. And animals have been in my heart all of my life. ever since I can remember. I have told you this story before but just in case there are any Bloggets who didn’t read it back then, when I was about four, I was allowed to play outside. Can you imagine that now days? Well I saw a beautiful dog almost the height of me. Of course, it was lost as it wasn’t with anyone. But in those days, people used to just open their doors and allow their dogs to wonder and they would come home for their dinner. Imagine that too? Anyway, I decided to take that dog home to its own garden. Well I put my hand on the back of the dog’s neck as he had no collar on. And spoke to him in a calm way. Remember I was four…. I had the biggest lump in my throat feeling the pain of this dog lost…. I walked him down the road and like a good boy he went with my gentle grip. I opened the gate of a garden and put him in. few, I had done my job. Only problem was, later on that night whilst trying to sleep which in those days I also had difficulties in sleeping, I asked my clever mind which worked overtime in bet. How did I know that was the dogs house? Fact is, I didn’t. so, I probably trapped the poor thing in a strange garden where as if I left him wondering, then he would have gone home when he wanted. Oh, then I cried into my pillow. Worrying about the poor dog sitting in this garden all on his own. What if the people belonging to the house didn’t look out of their window? Now I’m older, I pray he jumped the fence and got himself home safely.

 

And I won’t talk about the time I thought I could go up to a cow and stroke it…

 

Once during a hunt, Napoleon was surrounded by so many rabbets, he had to retreat back to his carriage. Good on the bunnies.

 

Did you know that elephant tusks never stop growing? So enormous tusks are the sign of a very old elephant. I also read though that there are some kinds of elephants who are evolving without tusks because they are so clever, they know that is why they are getting hunted. So, if no tusks, hopefully they will live, only trouble is, they are getting hurt because there is nothing to protect them in the wild.

 

I also read and I don’t know if this is true as I have never owned cats, but they only meow at humans, never at each other. Cat lovers, is this true?

 

When hermit crabs grow so big, they come out of their shells and move into bigger ones, there are lines of smaller crabs queuing up to move into their old shells. Now, that’s called recycling.

 

I have a painter coming soon to fix the mess that the last guy left us in. and my goodness what a mess he left. So, next week, more mess to create a tidy up. I’m painting my bathroom duck egg which is the same as my guest room. It’s a very pail blue with a hint of green.

 

Then to paint our son’s bedroom, but that won’t be done for a while. We have all the gloss to do on our landing and all of the door’s upstairs. Such a big job and to think it wasn’t too long just months since it was last done, but we were really ripped off. I won’t ever again get that painter. We learn from our mistakes.

 

It’s funny I do my best to protect my Son from making mistakes and he hates it. He says he wants to make his own mistakes. Really, why? I wish I had someone to stop me from making such mistakes when I was younger. Mind you, would I have listened? Hmm. I guess not. But wouldn’t life be easier if we did and we wouldn’t be so hurt in life?

 

I love this quote from lessons learned in life website. The most painful tears are not the ones that fall from your eyes and cover your face, but the ones that fall from your heart and cover your soul.

 

My friend posted some funny things the other day about questions that people who ar blind get asked. Like. (Have you been blind all of your life?)

Answer. No, not yet.

All of our life? is our life over already?

 

And next time someone suggests that because you are blind your hearing must be brilliant, just reply.

“Pardon!””

Thanks to Dear Carrie Ann for sharing that.

 And finally, I read from a funny fellow called Ian.

 

I don’t know what I would do if a pen leaked in my mouth. I dread tooth ink.

 

If you are using a screen reader, you may need to read that again. Xx

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: