translate

Thursday 8 August 2019

DEMOLISHED @PoetryByFionaCummings


(Warning, very dark)

 

DEMOLISHED BY FIONA CUMMINGS

If only I could stop my tears

And lock away the fears

The pain from all the years

The bad blood that flows

The hurt that grows

There’s nowhere for it to go now

It’s bursting out, leaving lines on my brow

Words have been spoken

A rope around my neck

I’m choking

My heart is broken

It can’t be fixed now

Each day I awake

I don’t know how

 I can carry on living

I have nothing left

No more giving

Everything has been taken

Walking on glass that is braking

Smashing each step, I take

Each day I wake

 I don’t want to get out of bed

I’m hanging on a thread

Poison I have been fed

Thoughts I have always lived to dread

Are shadowing me

I wish I could get rid

Of the feelings inside of me

Set me free

Unlock the door

Lift me up

 From the cold damp floor

Forgive me for whatever I’ve done

Allow me to experience fun

Let me feel love please

I’m begging you on my knees

Is this forever now

My destiny?

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: