translate

Friday 23 August 2019

PAINTING A PICTURE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 Sitting in our garden. It’s stunning out here. In fact, I am at my garden table in the shade as I was sitting in the sun and now, I’m boiling. Hub is in his basket swing as today he has the day off work. He is in charge of the dogs. Waggs is tied up near him and LF does as he is told for his Dad so is laying still next to him. They have a large dish of water near them. Just in case hubs thirsty. Haha. No way our LF will drink it as it has no milk in it.

 

I would love it if I could say I can hear the beautiful birds singing and my water feature flowing as well as the gentle tree branches fanning their blossoms, but no, I have a city house and I hear one crow crowing traffic beeping and groaning and the garden bin lorry screeching. But still the air smells lovely.

 

Seems like everyone is going on holidays this month. At least most of Hubs colleagues are. So many of his colleagues are into diving holidays or walking or some kind of activity.

 

Last night Hub went around to check if I had done the work right. He removed the curtains and it was up to me to do the rest.

Oops

OK, I forgot the awful plaque that has been on the door since the house was bought. From the previous owners. It’s like a brass flat sheet. Why? Not sure. Hub says it must have been for decoration. Right. It’s hideous. So, Hub got the screwdriver set out, with only two in now as too many people going through our garage over the years. Neither screwdriver we have left fit, so, down to the good old kitchen knife. Always works. If in doubt

Head to the kitchen drawer. That is my motto.

 

Then I heard him say, Fiona, what about this hanger over the door?

Oops, I forgot that too. Then he suggested we should move the little bits of furniture from the landing. Em, forgot about that love… as for the candle sticks that are large free standing shabby chic about hip level, em, well, didn’t see them. I’m blind you know? Hahaha, well, Okay, so is he. Thing is, if I had my thinking head on, I would have put everything in one room. Hub? Oh, no, every one of our rooms upstairs is a right mess now. My Sons room is next to be done it needs gutting. If this man does a good job, then I will ask if he can do this in a few weeks.  What a mess in there. And more so now Hub has been to work. I mean, why spread things about? Surely you pick the messy room, and put everything in there? Oh, no, Hub likes to share….

 

Our painter started his work today. Even though it’s a bank holiday weekend here, he is working, so I hope he will do a better job than our last disastrous decorator did.

 

Well going back to last night. I did move everything from our Sons bathroom. And it’s there where the guy is doing first. I’m getting it painted the same colour as the guest room. Duck egg. It’s not the same paint, as this is proper bathroom paint, so I hope it will look nice. There are only half walls to do the rest are large white tiles with a chrome strip at the top. We have a white bathroom suite with a jet bath we got for our son as it has all the lights in supposedly to calm well mood lights. We have dark grey laminate flooring with some shiny chrome stripes running through and I have white towels for in there. All of the accessories are chrome too. We have chrome spot lights in the ceiling. In my mind it is lovely, well will be when our guy is done painting. I hope anyway. He came recommended so fingers crossed. He is also doing all the work over again what we paid a fortune for last year but that painter was not a good person. We thought we could trust him, because he is a very close friends’ brother in law, but sadly he isn’t our, very close friend…

 

  Oh, it’s such a lovely day. I wish we could go to the beach. I definitely want one day to live near the sea. It’s my dream. Sadly, though it will take a lotto win. The only good thing about living here with the noisy traffic, is it’s blocking out Hubs cricket on the radio. Hahaha. Cricket isn’t as bad as his football, gosh I hate that, unless it’s the world cup.

 

Do I like any sports? Well I used to run many moons ago. I loved watching running and ice skating. I love tennis. If I could see I would play tennis for sure. Mind you, they would need a reinforced Fifi proof tennis court.

 

I had some water melon for breakfast with some delicious salt and pepper bread with my amazing cracked black pepper cheese. It was divine. Not having lunch and Hub just wants a light dinner tonight, so salad with mint beans and chili noodles and he can have crab with that.

 

I was talking on line last night when I should have been emptying upstairs to decorate, hahaha, about milk. As you do….

You don’t?

Oh!

Anyway, the lady on her own drinks 24 pints per week. Oh, my goodness…. well her bones will be good. She has a cat but I think she needs a cow!

 

Well I am off to make our decorator a cuppa. A brilliant poet I know called Matthew, asked me the other week what was a cuppa?

Anything in a cup normally tea. Let’s hope I don’t make contact with the white gloss. Goodness knows what we are going to do with the dogs tonight as he is doing all the way down the stairs too….

 Later gaters

 

No comments: