translate

Tuesday 3 September 2019

TUESDAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well here I am again sitting on my favourite chair near the window which is open and today I can smell the delicious cooking from our beautiful neighbours. They are our lovely neighbours who are moving house. We are so going to miss them. They are a part of the heart of our street. She is an amazing cook.

 

 It’s a lovely day though it’s windy, it’s an ok temperature. I’m shocked that in the same world as myself there is so much damage around the world latest caused by the awful murderous hurricane that is causing devastation in the Bahamas and soon, parts of America. Some call it global warming I agree but I think it’s also the signs that the devil is really among us as people are just getting crueller and more uncaring. Having said that, my sister in law today text me to ask how I was. That was kind and meant a lot.  I have also got an email from my beautiful sweet dear friend from South Africa to read later and I have spoken to my dear friend over messenger from America. But I have also spoken to a close friend who is like a family member today. She is still in hospital and after talking with her today I came off the phone rather afraid as she really sounds so very ill.  Much worse than she did when she was taken in last week. The worst thing is, the Doctors don’t know what is wrong with her. She has had every single test going. This has reminisces of three times in my life. firstly, my beautiful Mum who went into hospital with Pneumonia well at the time I thought it was a cold. Two days later she was dead. My Mother in law was in hospital weeks they didn’t know what was wrong with her. Only days before she died, we were told she had cancer. How on earth do they not know if someone has cancer or not? And finally, my Husband last year. I really didn’t think I would be bringing him back home. Oh, it was too painful. Thank God on day four, suddenly they learned what was wrong with him but this was after they had me convinced, he had cancer and after days when I could not get any sense from him. He got worse whilst he was in hospital. It was pure hell. He still isn’t right and I really do worry about him but he will not go to the Doctors as he is functional as far as work goes.

   

On line with a lovely friend today who is going to write a blog which inspired me to ask this question. Two people are brought up the same way and given the same negative comments in life. put down and told they are worthless. One totally believes that and goes through life feeling hopeless and achieves nothing. The other says stuff them I will show them who is useless. What makes one person do one thing the other do the opposite? One person will be very successful and the other one a failure in their eyes.

 

I guess it’s a rhetorical question as I believe the answer is in the genes. But then when you learn that the weak persons genes are from fighters and strong people and the genes from the strong person are all weak people when it comes to push for example? And when it comes to achieving goals in life. none of it makes sense to me.

 

This friend was told he would never achieve anything. He could have gone home and given in but he didn’t. he went on to a successful career. He’s a positive person but person number two, will always be person number two. And who’s fault is that? If it’s not in the genetics. I guess it circumstances in life’s chances and being in the right place at the right time!

 

Something else I read today. Four things you can never get back in life.

1, the stone after it’s thrown

2, the word after it’s said

3, the occasion after it’s missed and 4, the time after it’s gone

 

Well our little darlings are all back at school today in this part of England. Familiar sounds of kids playing in the playground is close by. Has it really been over six weeks since they left their playing fields in silence? Loads of apples are on our avenues trees so I guess we are heading quickly towards Autumn. I have never known it be dark at 8 pm in what was late August.

 

By the way did I tell you my Son saw a few tomatoes on my tomato plants the other day? Only a few and on only a few of the plants, not all six, but there you go.  It’s cost a fortune to have half a dozen tomatoes. Hahah.

 

Well we have our new gardener coming tomorrow. I’m hopeful. Only thing is, it’s forecast to rain. it’s going to be really cold tomorrow too. Typical as it’s lovely today.

 

Just found out our friends are coming in a couple of weeks. That will be a great day. And in a couple of days we are out with my dearest pal who lives near us but I only see her every few weeks. The four of us are going out. We are going for a meal then a concert that I am so excited to hear. She is a singer I love. It should be a great night. We are dragging our husbands with us but I am sure they will enjoy themselves too. Hahaha. I think we are going for an Indian meal first.

 

Well before then I have still got some work to do that I didn’t get done yesterday. Dreaded phone calls. I’m like a rabbit in the headlights. Stunned. Or is it that old word again procrastination. That should have been my second name.

 

Let’s see what horrors come along today with our Government. Oh, what a mess and that devil I was talking about is in the opposition going under the name of Jeremy Corbyn. What I don’t understand is relatively intelligent people actually think he is a good person. Oh, my, really, he is sly so devious cunning whatever other words mean the same. And he will kill our country. He is a slime ball. He’s been married at least three times I don’t know how his ex-wives have not come out and sold their stories to the press, or, have they and the media are all waiting for the right time as if he becomes PM, they will have what we call a field day with him.

 

And finally, to end on a positive note, some links.


 

 


 

 

 
 

 

 

 

No comments: