translate

Tuesday 17 September 2019

A SMASHING SUNDAY DIARY BY FIONA CUMMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. Firstly, I would love to say a very happy birthday to a very special person in my life. Claire wishing you all the best I’m sure you are going to enjoy tonight and the next week ahead.

 

If it’s your, birthday today, I would like to wish you a very happy birthday.

 

My poor friend is still really unwell in hospital. She has now been in hospital for eighteen days. Gosh I miss her so much and wish she was home.

 

If anyone has any tips on Chrysanthemum plants, please can you let me know? I bought two at the weekend. I went out on Sunday with Chloe and what a great day we had, though I really felt bad about leaving my poor Hub as he was really ill. It was on day two though so, he was heading in the right direction to get better. I was meant to go out for the day but went out for a couple of hours instead so I would be back so, I left him in bed with a cup of tea and off I went.

 

We went to a beautiful quaint market town that is so lovely but sadly it’s not a good place to live as the ground just keeps opening up… sink holes they call them. Such a shame as the birds sing, it’s peaceful and there are some nice shops but the people are really calm and kind. It’s a relaxed atmosphere for sure, not like city life.

 

In the pub car park, there were craft stalls selling such beautiful things. All homemade. The sellers were amazing. It was really funny and I’m just glad there were not too many people there as I of course totally showed myself up. Haha. Again.

 

I purchased something that was quite expensive and the seller wanted my email address so he could send me a receipt. Well as I called over to him in a clear loutish voice that my drama teacher would have been proud of, telling him my email…. Suddenly I got a feeling, you know, one of those feelings you get when something is not quite right?

 

I turned to Chloe and said. “Is it you who is writing my email address down?”” she laughed and said yes. The seller laughed too. I just replied, well, how was I to know? Hehehehe. People would be thinking why is she yelling an email address when the girl is right next to her?

 

But our day just got better…. We headed off to a garden centre. We were in the outside part. We got a trolley and on it I put two what American people call Mum plants. Oh, they were stunning. Big round balls of fragrant flowers. One was yellow and the other burgundy. I bought two lovely stone pots to go with them they are sand yellow. In my head that would look lovely with the colours of the plants.

 

Well, then we came to the garden ornaments. Oh, heck. There was a really large rabbit well knee height. He had a stone basket of nothingness which required a plant. I bought a pot of coloured flowers that stay with colour all year round. The pot fit perfectly in Bugsy’s basket.

 

Oh, but then Chloe said, there is a tortoise. It was really large. I had to add it to my basket. But then encouraging Chloe said it is the last one but there is a baby one left and he is the last one. Do you want the baby? Well, how could I say no? leaving the baby without his Mummy or Daddy? Then she said that word. The word I cannot say no to. Elephant! And he was smiling at me. How could I say no to him? The E, word. Oh, heck, Chloe don’t do this to me? I replied, how on earth will we get them all on the trolley? She answered she would go and get a bigger trolley. Well she returned with an industrial one. She packed all the items on it and then said there is a bird bath. Well I have wanted a bird bath for years. I have a small one which is like a plate with two pretty birds on it, but this was a real big one hopefully too big for the wagging one to drink from.

 

The price was so good. OK I said, lets go. Well off we went the garden centre was so quiet only the Nanna’s and Grandads whispered their respectful way around as if in carpet slippers in a library! Such a calmness about the place. I had a huge smile as I was so happy with my items. Then, suddenly, crash bang whollip.

What a picture. What a sound. What a moment. The noise was awful. As my plant pot came crashing down on top of my ornaments. Chloe said, oh, well, there’s the bunny’s ears gone?

 

As she scooped up the broken pot, she then picked up Bugsy and his ears, carried the hefty item back to his home, ears in basket and headed back to me.

 

I was purple. My morti has never been so fied!

She suggested that she gets a guy to help us over the step and she will tell the shop keepers that we broke the pot, but keep quiet about bunny’s ears. Oh, I replied, we can’t. she said well they shouldn’t have such stupid entrances. Hahaha. Off she went came back with a man who made the journey look so easy over the ramp and step into the shop. As we stood at the till waiting to pay, Chloe said you are not going to charge her are you for the broken pot? No, he kindly replied, it’s fine, and because I work outside, I can give you 10 per cent off because you have bought so much.

Oh, not only have I legally broken his pot, and unofficially his bunny, but now he is giving me money off? Cringe a little more. Pay and get me out of there?

 

As we went to the car, Chloe packed it so nothing would brake on the way home. We were going to look around the place inside and have a cup of tea, but I said no way, I wouldn’t dare enter that place again. Chloe replied, no, it will be fine, he won’t even notice the rabbit until much later, em, love, it’s a tall rabbit without his long ears stood on a practically empty stall as I bought the shop out. It’s pretty obvious? She replied, it’s fine come on I need a cupper.

 I thought to myself, I need a whisky and I don’t even drink and if I did, it certainly would not be whisky, though as the moments went on, a whisky was becoming more appealing…

 

Well we went back in and semi chilled with a drink and sandwich. She is such great company. She is as mad as me and so genuinely caring. Well, apart from when it comes to the stone world of animal rights…

 

We headed home, she carried everything out of the car. She is so strong. But she is half my age, yep, I know what you are thinking, too young to drive….

Hey.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: