translate

Friday 13 September 2019

DIARY OF LUNCHTIME LIGHT LAUGHTER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. Well I called our vet today just to confirm the times for our dogs after last weeks crazy mix up, their fault I must add only to learn our appointment was ten minutes earlier than I thought… so, I hurried along Hub stopped working and on our way we went.

 

The monkeys in our local zoo were out in full swing… very excited they were too. My Waggs worked brilliantly thank goodness. She found the door it always amazes me when she does things like that.

 

It was their six month check-up. All went well thank goodness. Their weight was spot on thankfully I’m rather strict when it comes to my dogs’ weight, shame I can’t follow such a rule…

 

Our lovely vet called Ellie, seems like every girl under the age of 30 is called Ellie around here. But she is so sweet. I would love someone like her for my Son if he wasn’t connected already… she is so clever and so very kind she genuinely loves animals and is honest. But there is always a but. At the end of the consultation, she announced that her practice was closing. Oh, how annoying, it was so handy just a twelve minute walk from our house. Now it will be a taxi or bus job miles away.

 

So, what will our shop become? I would love a small Greek restaurant. But I doubt that as it’s not really big enough. I just hope it’s not going to be something like a bathroom shop. I hope it will be a shop we need every week. But what will that be? Hub doesn’t eat enough meat to warrant a butcher. I’m a vegetarian, a baker, lovely, but there is already one of those near the big shops in the opposite direction. A food shop we already have plenty. A florist? May be, a card shop we have a huge one near the large shops. So, it used to be a carpet shop. Talking of carpets, my friend has just got her kitchen measured and for exactly the same flooring, from one place it would be £400 and from another double. £800. That is day light robbery from the more expensive place.

 

Just shows, if you shop around, if you are fortunate to be able to do that.

 

Today is Friday the 13 and there is a full moon. I did ask the vet if the dogs she has seen have been howling, but she said no.

 

We have a lovely weekend planned so I’m really looking forward to that. Do you have any plans? If not, that is normally me. If you are not going out or have house plans, then chill. Put your feet up and relax your body. It’s said that if we have two afternoon sleeps during the week, then we lessen the chances of having a heart attack or stroke.

 

Last night we went out with our friends to our lovely pub. Gosh the bar worker there is such a flirt. With everyone… she said to Hub last night she had some lovely mint chocolates for him. I could have killed him, he said he’s fine, she could give them to our friend. Say wha’a’aa’aa’at?

Em, steady on Romeo, it was you she was offering them to, pop them in your pocket and I shall recover them from you?

But no, our friend got them. Fifi wasn’t impressed.

 

I guess my size 10 jeans will be grateful.

Did I say size 10 per leg?

 

Now laughter is said to reduce stress, it lowers your blood pressure it’s good for your muscles and releases endorphins. So, let’s try your facial expressions out on these short funny quotes.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, rather than to   speak out and remove all doubt. Abraham Lincoln

 

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people seem bright until they speak.

Alan Dundes

  If you want your children to listen, best talk quietly to someone else.

Ann Landers

A stockbroker urged me to buy shares that would triple every year. I told them with my age, I don’t even buy green bananas.

That has to be my favourite one and I can’t remember the sir name of who said it but I think first name is Claude

 

And finally, a very different link. It sounds too good to be true. His voice doesn’t seem real, believable but if it is real this is huge news.

 Though I really wish to goodness they didn’t have to hurt poor mice.

 


 

No comments: