translate

Sunday 8 September 2019

DIARY OF THE BEST NIGHT Y FIONA CUMMINGS


Last night we met with my adorable friend Geordie and her lovely Husband.

We went by taxi oh, and I must say, the taxi driver was rather sexy hahaha. So, as we got out Hub walked with our friend and I walked with Geordie. As I was telling her in our bustling city how sexy that driver was, going on and on and asking her what did she think? She just laughed and said I don’t know; I just saw the back of his head… I replied, I didn’t even see that and that was enough. Haha. His gorgeous Eastern European accent was enough to melt my heart… Well my friends did put me in the front of the taxi…. Something to do with fatso Fi in the front… so I felt obligated to be friendly to the driver. Well after I was giving it large to my glamourous footballer’s wife Geordie, suddenly I heard Hub say… Yeah, we know what you thought, it was quite obvious you were almost eating the poor guy alive. Hahahaha. I just said, oh, hi, have you been listening to us? Yes, he replied… well I thought he was much further ahead of us. It was funny.

 

We went for a delicious Italian meal. Oh, it was so lovely and the conversation at the table was amazing. Hub and my friends Husband get on so well and Geordie and I are as one. One of those meals where everything is so perfect. My friend is such a tonic. Just what I needed. Hub was happy too we all just felt right. And then off to the concert. All the way there our guy friend was making remarks saying he needs more alcohol before he see’s this lady we were going to see. And not to tell his colleagues. As it was so uncool. Well I tell you; I booked the seats months ago and it was almost sold out then. He then said we would be the youngest there. He also said that in the taxi, oh, that was hilarious. As he said that, the taxi driver replied no, I have just taken a couple there and they were older than you guys…. Say no more please Mr hunky driver…. Oh, but he did say more. He continued

“They were in their hundreds!””

Oh well that made me laugh so much I said to him you could have said they were in their fifties or even forties? Hundreds? That means we could look as if we are in our 90’s.

Well he got my humour and laughed we all did.

 

As we walked through the cobbled streets that were packed not only with historical buildings but full of people rushing to their evening out. We arrived at the art gallery to hear my friend say. Well, we are not the youngest here. See, I exclaimed, she is cool.

 

There were very young people there in their mid-teens. And some very old people and there was our age range…. 30’s….

Stop it

 

Our friend and Hub headed to the bar. I waited for my friend Geordie as she went to powder her nose… well all I heard was Hub laughing as our friend hid his head as if to not be seen. As he explained he had only stood in the queue for the bar to look behind him and who was stood there?

His ex-wife and her family….

Hahahaha. Well I creased I said because he was guiding Hub, she will think her ex has changed his sexual preferences. Then my friend Geordie said, oh, heck, I’m glad I put my eye liner on.

 

We had good seats. But were in the balcony. The show started it was our lovely singer on right away, no support just perfect a full night of her. Oh, she was fantastic. What a voice. What a sense of humour. It’s so dry my friend and I had tears. Hub loved her and, in the interval, our other friend said he was actually enjoying it. Result. I have converted him.

 

My friend told me the stage was full of sparkles and her first dress was long pink and sequined with stunning shoes. Then she wore a sparkly white trouser suit then a long silver dress then finally a shorter sparkly cocktail dress. Each time my friend said she looked beautiful.

 

This singer has a heart of gold and my friend said she is the kind of person you could just sit and have a coffee with. She makes herself feel like she is your best friend, your closest sister, your Mother and most of all, she touches everyone’s heart. I love her.

 

I was so excited because she is having a Christmas show. That would be amazing, but sadly it’s in a huge arena. I really don’t want to attend that. I feel the beauty of last night was because she could hear what people were shouting to her in the crowd and we could too. It was up close and personal. Arenas are so distant and the sound isn’t half as good.

 

She also has a cruise next year oh that would be a dream for me. But as the lotto has made itself not accessible now for screen readers, I doubt I will be going on that cruise.

 

Hub is a musician and he adored the keyboard player. For me it was the guitarist, wow, he was amazing. There was a man who sang with the singer too and he was stunning.

 

At the end of the feel good night, we took a taxi home. We had a perfect evening.

 

My Son got his walk in yesterday not sure it would be as long as he hoped for, he also remembered me and his Dad and bought us our favourite Kendal mint cake bless him.     He is staying at the lakes in a log cabin with friends.

 

Last night he was playing board games. I was so happy for him. Now for him, the very long drive back.

 

I hope you have had a lovely peaceful or exciting weekend. Until later. And thank you to the wonderful Jane McDonald


 

No comments: