translate

Wednesday 11 September 2019

JUST BEFORE MIDNIGHT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Dearest Bloggets, I bring you my words tonight of reflection and real life.

My Husband went to the capital to work yesterday. And today he is three hours away from home. Today I cleaned the conservatory all the glass in there. It’s 17 feet long by 10 feet wide almost all glass. Good for the arms…

 

My beautiful dear old friend Kinzie is still very ill in hospital.  I’m sick with worry about her. I hate hospitals I have no good experiences in people I love being in them. It makes it worse because she lives in my old home town and it’s so far away. My Son badly wants to visit her as she is loved by him so much. He has no memory of before her coming into our lives. He was four when I first met her.

 

I’m praying every day. Her daughter is great at keeping me up to date as is her Husband who I am also concerned about. He is like a Dad to me though he is a grumpy old bugger. I love him to the moon. Kinzie is his rock. Right now, she is crumbling like sand and I need a miracle to get her well again. It’s not helping she’s not eating or drinking.

 

Yesterday I got a lovely kind surprise. My sweet neighbour B, left some freshly grown pears on my post box. I was out when she called. She let me know by message. She has amazing fruit in her garden.

 

My tomato plants were a total disaster. I’m not even going to bore you with detail. But I won’t be attempting them next year though they grew almost as tall as me and I’m very tall.

 

Hub and I were watching a program about dogs last night. Oh, we know they are amazing but this dog was a working dog from Zambia. He was almost totally blind. It was his job to hunt out vehicles carrying ivory or animal skins weapons too. He has been responsible for 20 arrests. Out of 11 things the dogs were meant to hunt out with their scent, this blind dog detected all eleven. Much more than the dogs who could see. It’s said because he concentrated more on his job because he didn’t have any distractions. What I really loved was the connection he had with his handler and the best bit was when he got home after a long day at work, he had his very own plunge pool. How cute is that?

 

Every time he got a hit as in found something illegal, he was rewarded with his favourite toy. His handler played tug with him. He was or is, trained when he finds what he is meant to search for, he sits quietly, unlike the police dogs in the UK who go crazy when they find something. It was said that it takes a human about 3 hours to find items in a house for example but a dog, only three minutes. They are so clever.

 

Their part of their brain that picks up scent apparently is 40% larger than humans. My Son was telling me the other day that it’s said that in the future the fox is going to be a part of family life as people are wanting to try to turn them into pets. I’m not in agreeance with that. It was something he was reading.

 

Something I, was reading was really cute. A busker had no interest from the public but as he sang, he looked around and he had the attention of four stray kittens….

 

Just a fact thought you may be interested in. In space, Astronauts never snore. Something to do with gravity and their airways.

You didn’t need to know that? Oh, well, how about this one?  It rains diamonds on both Jupiter and Saturn. Bling bling!

 

Well Bloggets, someone asked me yesterday what the stats are now for countries reading our blog page from around the world so, here are the results.

United Kingdom

139,926

United States

126,538

Russia

10,924

Canada

10,306

Germany

8,105

Ukraine

7,883

Australia

7,868

France

3,027

South Africa

2,054

And that mysterious unknown region has knocked Ireland from the top ten at

2,027

Countries like Japan, Mexico, Sweden, Norway, Poland and many more countries are not in the top ten, but are as important.

So, in total reads we are speedily approaching 370,000 which is crazy considering I never thought more than 12 people would read in total.

 

I must tell you today I was out walking with Waggatail and I went to our park. I asked her to find the seat to the right… remember there is nothing to signify the seat, and the lake dangerously follows the seat. And, my Waggs likes water… And the seat is on a slight hill towards the lake. Oh, yes, I love to live dangerously…

 

Well she wagged her way to the seat…. Though I did think it was a little early, but I could have been wrong, it wouldn’t be the first time.

And, I was not wrong... amazing. She actually took me to a lady walking her dog. This is unusual for my dog because she isn’t dog distracted. I do wonder if the dog had a toy in its mouth? Well thankfully, I didn’t sit on the dog…. If I had of done, that would have been one very flat pooch.

 

I posted two birthday cards that are really important to me. I hope to goodness they get there!

 

I have a deep blog to write. Someone asked me to write of this subject, so, I shall close this one for now, and open new pages to type more words. As every blog as it may be obvious, I never really plan what I am going to write or in which style I shall word it, I write whatever is on my mind at that particular moment. So, my next blog I will be guided by a subject I have been asked to write about, but words will fill the screen or in my case, my ears that may even mean I go off the subject entirely. I hope to try to stick to the subject. Let’s see next!

 

Until then, take care and as we are before the midnight hour turning this poignant date into another day, another date, I wish to send my deepest thoughts to all those who lost loved ones during the painful cruel 9 11 eighteen years ago today.

The compassion solidarity and bravery that we learned about after the aftermath of that horrific day, will stay in our hearts forever and is a constant reminder that among evil, there is kindness. Standing side by side next to fear, there is courage and hand in hand with grief, there has to be hope!

 

© Fiona Cummings

 

 

No comments: