translate

Saturday 31 March 2018

WHAT NOTE? BY FIONA CUMMINGS


On that note, I shall go to bed but before I do, whilst I can tell you my dog Waggatail has come to life. She has just brought me her toy and is sitting with her head on the edge of my lap top trying to look at me with her beautiful eyes that would melt the heart of an ice queen, as if I can see them? My Son tells me of the love in Waggatails eyes, it’s a good thing I can’t see her eyes or I would give in to a lot more than I do already. My Hubs dog is laying across my left foot. I have one toasty warm foot and one that represents a cold bag of frozen peas.

 

It’s bitter out there. No kidding, I was out earlier and now my bones are so cold I think they will find it difficult to move ever again.

 

I have been on the new exercise recumbent bike twice today. I must say it’s fine apart from when I first got on it it was like riding a horse… Well you would have laughed. I was lifting my leg over the bit in the middle. Thinking, I can’t do this, my mobility is so restricted. I’m so unhealthy. My legs are thankfully long as I’m tall, just since my last fall two years ago, my knees are broken and this makes my movement challenging. No, impossible. I truly feel as if my legs are about to snap. Hence the bike to try to get more motivated.

 

Well I huffed and I puffed. Seriously, I felt like the wolf from the famous Three Little Pigs story. No hair on my chinny chin chin, but my huffing and puffing was ridiculous. So, unfit. Then, Hub said.

“Love. What are you doing?””

Me. Oh, what does it chuffing look like? Trying to get my leg over this piggin bike…””

Honestly, I can’t stand it when people ask questions to which they have obvious answers!

Then he calmly said.

“There’s a huge gap you don’t need to climb anywhere.””

Oh.

Oops.

That’s better!

 

  Goodnight.

 

No comments: