translate

Friday 30 March 2018

GOOD FRIDAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS @FionaPefi


Good day Bloggets. So, in your country do you eat only fish on a Good Friday? Sadly, it’s a tradition in the UK that is dying. I still cook Hub fish and of course Boy Wonder and I have vegetarian food anyway. It’s tradition that we have fish and chips/Fried potatoes on Good Friday. But I can bet you that every single person in our street today will not bother with that. So, we don’t go to church we are not typical religious people, but we do stick to tradition. I don’t know if my Husband did before he married me but I do and will always. My Son when he ate meat he kept to that, even when he was on holiday during Easter. So, I hope he will stick to that tradition when he is bringing up his children.

 

I have prepared everything, for my mini Bloggets who read this blog, the Easter chick has been and kindly left us special Easter eggs which are even magically boiled for us and come in a beautiful colour of deep reddish brown, they are shiny too almost as if they have boiled them in red onion peal and polished them with butter… They look apparently beautiful. And the Bunny has been too, not sure when all this action went on in my house, as I thought I heard chirping, and when I went in the kitchen, there was a dish of beautiful eggs. And in my sitting room, a basket for BW full of all kinds of treats and two large eggs as well as a small one. There was a huge egg for my Husband and myself and one for me and him to share. Strangely in our fridge there is another basket full of goodies for BW. Sham has a surprise too.  There’s everything from chocolate bunny paws to mini bunny rabbits to chocolate Easter chicks and golden eggs.

 

We have warm hot cross buns with butter to eat with a cup of tea. I haven’t got daffodils this year for the first time over Easter. But have had some over the week leading up to Easter. And have more coming on Monday.

 

It’s pouring with rain and this morning it was sleet. Apparently, the snow due on Monday, will be pink. From the desert. That is just very odd. Imagine pink snow?

 

I have fond memories of taking my Son as a small child on Easter hunts in large fine halls, and grounds. The weather always seemed to be nice. I saw a funny thing the other day, advertising an Easter carrot hunt…

Firstly, I thought to myself, gosh, I can’t imagine many children getting excited about hunting for carrots, but then I thought of the kids who are allergic to chocolate.

 

We in England had the best chocolate in the world in my opinion then sadly, we sold out to America and now our delicious Cadbury’s tastes like Hershey bars. It’s waxy and bland.

 

Talking of America, I had the best Easter in the world there with friends some years ago. Gosh, it was so exciting and there were so many gifts you could buy. Our friends bought us the cutest cuddly toys that sang and made movements. Even down to salt and pepper pots which I had to buy to add to my collection, were of boiled eggs in egg cups. Gosh, I wish I could bring back those days for certain things. Not for the work Hub did at the time though I fear his work will get close to that as from Tuesday his role will involve more travel, only not abroad. He went for a job interview a few weeks ago kind of forced into it as there was no choice he wants the best for his team and for us as a family. Well, he got the job we only learned a few days ago. So, let’s see where the next adventure takes us. What ever the case I know Hub will do his best as he doesn’t do failure. Our Brother in law and my Sister in law, have been so very supportive and for that we are so grateful. I have been touched by Hubs brother and my Sister. Their words have shown so much care, thought and love.

 Tomorrow is an interesting day. We are due a delivery. Excited dot com… More later. Until then have a great weekend.

 

No comments: