translate

Wednesday 28 March 2018

1,839 WORDS OF LIFE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I’m up for the challenge that has been put forward to me of late, from a dear Blogget and a kind person in my life who has given me strength to write something that is out of my comfort zone. To write something I have never written before. A love story. Whether it will be any good or not, is another matter and when it is written I will try to take it onto the next stage and that will be to get the story published.

 

 I got told off by my Husband today because I’m putting a comma after the capital letter I. back to school. Hahaha. So, I will try in this blog and future ones, not to put a comma after the capital letter, I! Hub is in the gym right now, so, I’m quickly writing todays blog.

 

April showers is what we have today and I wouldn’t say it was very warm either. Our dogs have had a mad half hour playing with a toy, yes, a, toy. So, they have at least fifteen toys and they always want the same one. Hub and I have had a really lazy week my housework has been basic. I shall suffer for that when Hub goes back to work as there will be double everything to do. We are talking about decorating our sitting room. I said to Hub to save some money, I will take the wallpaper off the wall. Hoping I wouldn’t bring half the wall away with the paper… I have booked our painter in, it’s almost as bad as trying to get an appointment to see a Doctor.  It was funny today when he said he wouldn’t be able to come until July, I told him he was very popular. Then said joking of course… “You should be just waiting for my call.””

Then realising, he didn’t get the fact I was joking. Oops… I just say words then think about what has been said… He’s a fantastic decorator. I trust his work, he did a great job last time he came here, but he hates plastering, so if I mess the walls up…

 

Hub says he hates paper and doesn’t want to see it again. So, it’s only paint from now on. Seriously, we have leather sofas and wood floors now painted walls? It’s cold looking, I love sitting rooms where by there is a lovely thick paper on the walls and thick carpets with material/fabric sofa’s. So, homely. But not at all practical with two dogs or children. We have the two dogs now and who knows in the near future we may have babies. Depending if Shamrock wants one.

 

Oh, Shamrocks sister is having a baby shower. Firstly, years ago when I heard of this, I thought they were tiny showers you put your baby in. Then I began to think of the practicalities of it all how would you get a baby to stand under a shower?  Then realising this is stupid, it must mean something else, I talked to people this was before the internet.  Learned exactly what it was and knew at that time, a baby shower, only happened in America. It took some years before the UK caught on. I must say, I don’t like the idea. Negative Fi, thinks, what if something happens to the baby?  Traditionist Fi, thinks, don’t be setting either pink or blue balloons off telling the sex of the baby, in fact don’t learn until the birth. Isn’t that more exciting? We live in a must have must know world right now.

 

When I learned you play games at these baby showers? Revolting games like getting nappies/diapers, filling them with revolting foods like chocolate spread or worse getting guests to open the nappy with a blind fold on and tasting trying to guess what food is in their nappy? Oh, my stomach turned. Did backflips and I wanted to regurgitate.

 

And now Shamrock is organising a huge event for her sister’s baby shower in a hall, why? What is wrong with her house? I seriously don’t live in this world, or don’t belong as I often think I am the only person with the values and ideas in life which I share with you. Or am I boring? I think the answer is yes. We spent the day with our friends yesterday and not a drop of alcohol passed our lips even though if it was summer I am sure the men would have had a beer. My friend and I were saying, we are very happy with a cup of coffee or tea. But again, we are the only ones who are like this. Every other person loves alcohol. Even TV programs we have been watching of late whereby they are looking for a house or change of location either by area or country, most people say they want to live near a pub. Or, they say they need a large drink after looking at the properties on offer. And they weren’t talking about a builder’s mug of tea.

 

I think for me I have seen so many people start to drink a little then they get a taste for it and need more then they can’t think of a night out even a day eventually without drinking. It’s an addiction and I can’t say a word as my poor diet of sometimes nothing sometimes a day of a bag of crisps or biscuits, is a way of life for me, so who am I to say anything about drinkers? I just look at my friends and family and worry about them but possibly they look at me and think the same or think. “What a mess of a person and they would have every right.

 

My Son is a vegetarian now and has gone as far as trying to persuade others and he has no chance so gets upset when their reactions is not how he expects people to be. As far as people laughing at the thought of an animal suffering or being treat in a way he feels is wrong. I feel it’s very sad and wrong but I know there are people out there who will never change their mind. So, over the years I have learned to not say anything quite so controversial as the things that my boy is coming out with.

 

 Just as I don’t understand why every person isn’t a vegetarian, I know not to speak out. I have no right to tell people what to do in life. Though it saddens me to think of them eating innocent animals/creatures. Our Son has to learn he can’t change their minds but he can have private thoughts which will upset him and disappoint him because inside his head, he knows what others are doing is awful, and I’m trying to tell him to stop looking at the cruelty to animal’s videos on the internet. No way I can look or even talk to others about those videos. He was looking at leather and wool last night. Oh, my what he found out about wool was horrific. I told him I didn’t want to know, but he kept trying to tell me as if to get me to explain why people can do such things, almost if he had a reason, then he would feel better, but there is no reason in my mind that I can tell him. I also told him not to become a vegan as I can’t cook vegan food and I don’t believe it’s healthy. Of course, it’s good for the animals, but it isn’t good for him and I know there will be loads of vegans out there in Fifi Blogget land shouting at their screens now, so forgive me for my ignorance with regards vegan meals. And that is what it is, ignorance. Also, I can’t be as selfless as not to buy leather shoes. So, am I a hypocrite? I don’t believe so. If everyone stopped eating meat there wouldn’t be as many animals slaughtered and though some say there wouldn’t be as many animals out there if we didn’t eat them, fine, I would rather not see as many cows in the field, than to see them knowing their destiny! I just hope I can steer my Son in the direction of being a vegetarian and not vegan. If BW does marry Sham and have children, I can see huge rows ahead with regards bringing their child up vegetarian or meat eater. Sham loves meat and never in the history of Shamology, will she stop eating meat.

  

Shamrock came around last night, she is so funny. The things she comes out with. Last night she had us laughing telling us she was like Jesus. Oh, my… She went to her boss and told her too, she was like Jesus. She says she keeps bringing people back to life. Well, when her story came out, some people she looks after in the home are so ill and don’t want to get out of bed, but she makes them… And suddenly they walk and are able to play board games with the others and so on. So, hopefully this will always be, and one day she won’t come across people who look ill and really are ill and die quicker than they should have! It's awful for her, she cares for end of life. If she was my daughter, no way I would encourage her to do that job, though in her words, she loves it. She does get upset though when people die. I do believe it affects her thought process though. She’s 18, too young to be around death.

 

Hub and I are out tomorrow with our dogs and we are going to look at paint for our walls. That should be interesting. I want to try to avoid cream… My whole house is full of cream. A colour I hated when I had sight but now I’m blind, it’s a colour that is easy for me. It’s a colour which goes with anything. I just wish I could see the shop assistants faces when two blind people with guide dogs come walking into their paint shop! We are at the pub quiz tomorrow again, how quickly a week fly’s by!

 

In our news a man driving 72 miles per hour in a 40 miles zone and was drunk, 2 and a half times over the drink drive limit and killed as he crashed into three 16-year-old boys waiting at a bus stop then fled the scene, has today been given a stupid sentence of 13 years, so he probably will be out in eight. For three lives? Shocking. Disgusting. An insult to those poor children and their families.

 

Well on that cheerful note, I shall go for now. Be calm and excited as you never know what is around the corner, so, keep your heart at peace and feed the butterflies in your stomach!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: